Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-18-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
Ordius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
A technique that really helped me was casting Animate dead before I opened the final door...when Irenicus casts his spell and throws everyone off the screen and pulls em back in...the animated dead fight the demons and I run all my chars back to the bottom...Irenicus(as the Slayer) follows me and I concentrate everything on him...The Demons that were summoned never even touched me and must have dispelled because they disapearred from the room...then I would use the staff I found in Suldenessaler...the one that summons shambling mounds (which I gave to Jaheira) and had her summoning them as well as healing all the party and had Nalia and Aerie casting spells ( mostly penetrate and such) and using distance weapons on the slayer, while I had Minsc and My main char ( lvl 21 priest of Lathander ) kick the slayers butt...I did change into the slayer for a few seconds...because of the speed and amount of damage it does to get Irenicus' slayer down to badly injured, from there it was a breeze...I did this a few months ago...and I think I just had Imoen helping out Nalia and Aerie...she used Gesens Bow...which does a considerable amount of damage and Aerie's higher level priest spells do decent damage to Irenicus' Slayer...hope this strategie helps some people...

------------------
I'm a Mog!!! Half Man, Half Dog...I'm my own best friend!!!!

[This message has been edited by Ordius (edited 03-18-2001).]
Old 03-18-2001, 08:52 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Um. Yes. It probably will 'cos I'm sick of getting MY butt kicked - but you really SHOULD have put SPOILER in the Topic Line. Lot of people might read that and wish they hadn't. Not me! I'm desperate for help, lol!
F.
Old 03-18-2001, 08:56 PM   #3
Ordius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you're right...I wqas in such a hurry to post, I didn't realize that I didn't add spoiler...sorry bout that for anyone who didn't want their games spoiled...my bad...btw has anyone played the sequel to IWD yet....I've heard good things about it and want to carry my original IWD chars into it, but will NWN be able to take chars from IWD and BG2...That could be kinda cool if you could mix and match parties from both games...
Old 03-18-2001, 09:35 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

HOW is excellent.....but some will claim it to be a bit short, I enjoyed the game along with HOW greatly. It is more hack and slash and teh new monsters are pretty cool too. But I've never heard of being able to transfer your IWD/HOW characters to NWN....not yet, at least.

P.S. you can edit your message to add the "SPOILER" part you know.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:46 PM   #5
Ordius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks AC....I am new to this board...lots more info than others I've seen....btw I have friend fighting Kangaax right now and getti8ng his but whooped...I totally missed that quest...I had no idea what to do with the bones and torso when i had them...hehe...

{SPOILER ALERT...DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR GAME SPOILED}

just out of curiousity (since I haven't seen any boards with him on it) do you defet him when he turns into a demi lich...I usually had Yoshimo set traps all around where a lich was going to appeqar and when he appeared and went hostile...WHHAAAAMMMOOO!!!!! he was gone quick as lightning
Old 03-18-2001, 09:56 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
To best Kangaxx, there are several methods.
Once he becomes the demi-lich, he will have a unlimited number of imprison spells: Therefore you will need either a berserker (enrage makes him/her immune) to spells like imprisonment, or protect from magic scroll you get from Adventurer's Mart (I think it is either protection from magic adjuration or spell immunity....forgot which one). To hurt the demi-lich you will need items that hit as +4 or higher, items such as Crom Faeyr, Warblade, Holy Avenger, Daystar (special vs undead) are all good examples of +4 or better weapon, although the mage spell Melf's Minute Meteors also create +5 bullets that your mage can throw!
Anyways, welcome to the board.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:57 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ordius:
Thanks AC....I am new to this board...lots more info than others I've seen....btw I have friend fighting Kangaax right now and getti8ng his but whooped...I totally missed that quest...I had no idea what to do with the bones and torso when i had them...hehe...

{SPOILER ALERT...DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR GAME SPOILED}

just out of curiousity (since I haven't seen any boards with him on it) do you defet him when he turns into a demi lich...I usually had Yoshimo set traps all around where a lich was going to appeqar and when he appeared and went hostile...WHHAAAAMMMOOO!!!!! he was gone quick as lightning

let me give you a hint, you have to be lvl 20 to do this quest, and you have to have the following items:

a drop of tear of a one thousand-year-old vampire
the breath of a red dragon
capture the demon's love with bottle made out of air
a bag of holy light
bottonless bottle filled with blood of a golem

with all those items, mix them in correct order, cast spell level drain, metero swarm, true sight and strength on it. wait for 10 days, when you retrive the mixture, you will find a bottle of liqur mixture glowing seven-color light. drink it, and if you make successful save vs death at -6, you will have a chace to ... ...
Old 03-18-2001, 10:02 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

LOL @ 250
A new fantasy game in the making I see...eh?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 10:06 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
LOL @ 250
A new fantasy game in the making I see...eh?

heh, perhaps you never really fight the real kangaxx? *mouth hangs open* wow, I did not know that...
Old 03-18-2001, 10:09 PM   #10
Ordius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HEHE...Well I have all but the bottomless bottle of golems blood, hehe...which quest gives you that...actually, I can really make my friend confused when i tell him he needs that....hahahaha...thanks for the humor...