Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2002, 11:58 AM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

1. Can you assign your own custom designed portraits to the NPC created in your own module? It's either that i missed it or that option is unavailable.

2. For our modules, can we program it so that we can hire or invite more than 1 NPC to be our henchmen?Just like it was in BG series?

3. How do we play our own movie in the beginning of the game just like it was in single player? And the movies at the end of each chapter?

Thanks!
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 05:33 PM   #2
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

here is a link to the NWN website that has a downloadable tutorial. http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/modtutorial.html It takes you step by step through building a module. Its 36 pages once you print it out and as far as I have seen it covers everything.

[ 07-21-2002, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 07-20-2002, 06:43 PM   #3
theholyavenger
Manshoon

I just finished the tutorial and that's how i came up with these questions. As far as i know, the tutorial did not cover everything in the toolset. There is still a lot to explore, and obviously the tutorial did not have the answers to the questions i posted.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:

3. How do we play our own movie in the beginning of the game just like it was in single player? And the movies at the end of each chapter?

Thanks!
I saw a very buggy way to get more henchmen, go into the DM client, possess one of the hireable henchmen (daelan for example) and hire another one (boddynock), then possess another (sharwyn) and hire the first one (Daelan), then save, and load the game as a player and hire (sharwyn) and she will have her henchmen, you cannot do a whole lot with them tho, (subhenchmen) and telling them to level up makes them go on a killingspree, and totally lose it, as can a few other actions, you also will not be able to speak to the subcontracted henchmen as they are employed by someone else.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:24 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
I just finished the tutorial and that's how i came up with these questions. As far as i know, the tutorial did not cover everything in the toolset. There is still a lot to explore, and obviously the tutorial did not have the answers to the questions i posted.
It's been pretty disappointing how the documentation on how to use the toolset has been sparse, to say the least. Unless you go and buy the Worldbuilder's Guide by Versus your only option seems to be to fiddle till you fluke something, I'm afraid. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote