Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler tags. A very good idea to stop new people from having the story ruined for them. We all know about spoiler tags, we (mostly) all use them, but WHY does one spoiler always get left untagged ??? by EVERYONE !

Firkraag.
For some reason, everyone must think the truth about this character is obvious, because no-one ever stops to put a spoiler tag before linking his name with his identity. And it comes up so often! How many threads have you seen where at least one person mentions something about Firkraag ? and how many of those were spoiler tagged ?

Ok so it doesn't matter to the main questline, but don't you think it's a pretty significant suprise ? Add the fact it's a quest that most people are gonna want to do at some point. I mean, it's not like spoiling part of Cernd's quest is it?

All I'm saying is, don't ruin it for everyone. Warn before you mention Firkraag, or anything that can be linked to him. And won't somebody pleaase! think of the children ?!

[/rant]
Old 02-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Heh, one method of raising post count is to post in EVERY thread on the first page of SoA: Spoiler tags, "name here".

I understand what you mean. Too bad people don't seem to read Dunda-man's post *sigh*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:40 PM   #3
IronDragon
Elminster

Anyone who looks at the outside of the ruins he’s hiding in and manages to throw rock or whatever down the pit at the opening and is still somehow surprised to find out just what Firkragg is isn’t smart enough to read posts and thus have the ‘surprise’ ruined.

It’s sort fo like the truly huge surprise
(spoiler)
The Imoen is actually the PC’s sister. Wow, what a shocking plot twist. (Sarcasm intended) even if you missed that one in BG1 the opening movie in SoA pretty much hands that one to you.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #4
Eternal
Manshoon

bs,

i bet its a big surprise for lots of people....
and ya i agree..... people are always referring to firkraag in dragon form like its common knowledge
even in topics that have nothing to do with him.
they do it in a same fashion as they would referr to say...korgan or viconia.

ive prolly done it to,,,, ahh well

shame
Old 02-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by IronDragon:
Anyone who looks at the outside of the ruins he’s hiding in and manages to throw rock or whatever down the pit at the opening and is still somehow surprised to find out just what Firkragg is isn’t smart enough to read posts and thus have the ‘surprise’ ruined.
IronDragon, perhaps the people who are playing haven't even visited Firkragg's lair yet, maybe they have only received the quest from him and are intending to visit him later. The nice thing to do is to add spoiler tags if it reveals anything. It's not a question of intelligence.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:54 PM   #6
IronDragon
Elminster

I’m not complaining about the necessity of spoiler tags, which is a good thing, I’m complaining about the pretense that there are surprising plot twists in the story line.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:00 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

pcgiant explains it nicely already, IronDragon. Not everybody who accepted Firkragg's quest actually went there yet.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote