Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Question Mark Worthwhile to upgrade holy avenger?

Hey all, I'm in Chapter 2 and am able to upgrade my weapons. I've been researching the subject a bit, and I get mixed reviews regarding what to upgrade. I do like the holy avenger long sword, but I'm not sure if it is worth upgrading. I've tinkered around a little, and ignoring the enhancement upgrades, I could get acid damage, haste, keen, and regeneration before I'm maxed. The enhancements are a little annoying because of the innate +5 it already gets. That means to see an improvement, you have to waste A LOT of gold (250,000, I think).
I think if it actually got the dispel on hit, it would be alright, but I've never noticed that occurring.
Any thoughts?
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Default Re: Worthwhile to upgrade holy avenger?

Okay, so I've tinkered around a little bit and have decided that upgrading seems to be worthwhile. I do have a new question, though (of course!):
What do you think is more advantageous, true seeing or regeneration (+2).
I've already determined that the spell resistance is not going to be very helpful at this point in the game.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

I say true seeing. +2? Are you kidding me? If you're paying six figures of gold pieces, certainly you can afford some potions of cure light wounds.

True seeing, on the other hand, is a little harder to come by...

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Thanks, Illumina! I actually have experimented a bit, did what I could and came back when I had more money. I then found out that adding +1 maxed me out, already! Grrrr! So, I saved before I did the other stuff and am reverting back to that save so I can get to +10, just missing out on a few hours of game time. 'Course, that game time included slaying a certain dracolich, but oh well!

For the sake of not starting yet another thread, I have a new question here:
Is there any use for reagents in HOTU? (ie. dragon blood, fairy dust, slaad tongue, etc.)