Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 03:34 PM   #21
Sleeper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lost followers part

Summons are a god send, allowing you to focus 5 of your troops to attack each enemy one by one, remember you outnumber them 2 to 1 to begin with.

Emma's moonblade works quite well against the wiz in the northeast.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #22
Magness
Quintesson

Sleeper, you don't need to focus anywhere near to your entire party on each enemy one by one. The baddies are tough, but not THAT tough.

I do suggest throwing everything at the nuking wizzy in the NE ASAP, because this baddy can actually cause massive damage to the entire party with his nukes.

Indeed, summons are outstandingly useful in this particular battle, to keep most of the baddies occupied. The dwarf will ignore any summons, from my experience. But all of the others can suckered into paying attention to any summons.

My most successful battles included attacking the archer with a boneguard, if you got lucky enough to summon one, since skellies are very resistant to his arrows.

Be prepared to have the party member whom the dwarf is focused on, run around the battlefield for a while. Oh, you can try to stand toe-to-toe with him, but IMHO, it's better to just play hide and seek with the dwarf, why the rest of your party and summons deal with all of the other Lost followers. I prefer to only deal with this very nasty, tough dwarf after everyone else is dead and I can safely concentrate on him.

BTW, remember to read the history on the Lost Followers that's on the amulet. it tells you what the vulnerabilities are for each lost follower, or at least what they're resistant to. It's a god send, when trying to take them down, particularly since their tanks are very resistant to certain attacks.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #23
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

That dwarf ussualy goes after a wizard or thief type so what i did was to put an otilukes resilliant sphere on that character. Granted it takes one character from you out of the fight but the dwarf will keep attacking it even if that character is under the sphere. Now you have the thoughest of their fighters occupied by one character. If you are quick enough and have the necklace (or amulet) given to you by Malovan, you can summon a couple of helpers and then put the target of the dwarf under a sphere. then take out the rest of them. After they are dead, attack the dwarf en masse and then dispel the sphere.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #24
Sleeper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Small addition to Efreeti bit

If you're lucky enough to be able to summon water
elementals, 4 or probably less will be able to reliably wipe out the whole of the efreeti gang.

They are much better than fire elementals for this
as they deal better damage and I've never seen one
take any fire damage. ( I've used 50+ fire damage
to a group and my water elementals didn't even
get a scratch ) What a great fire barrier.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #25
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
That dwarf ussualy goes after a wizard or thief type so what i did was to put an otilukes resilliant sphere on that character. Granted it takes one character from you out of the fight but the dwarf will keep attacking it even if that character is under the sphere. Now you have the thoughest of their fighters occupied by one character. If you are quick enough and have the necklace (or amulet) given to you by Malovan, you can summon a couple of helpers and then put the target of the dwarf under a sphere. then take out the rest of them. After they are dead, attack the dwarf en masse and then dispel the sphere.
That's an interesting tactic, I'll give you that!

Other than the nuking wizzy, the dwarf is the one other enemy that you cannot afford to let run loose in this battle. But the difference is that you can kill the nuking wizzy pretty easily. The dwarf is a tough nut to crack.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #26
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper:
Small addition to Efreeti bit

If you're lucky enough to be able to summon water
elementals, 4 or probably less will be able to reliably wipe out the whole of the efreeti gang.

They are much better than fire elementals for this
as they deal better damage and I've never seen one
take any fire damage. ( I've used 50+ fire damage
to a group and my water elementals didn't even
get a scratch ) What a great fire barrier.
Interesting. I don't recall ever using water elementals in IWD2. Then again, I haven't expeirmented with the other elementals to see what resistances they have. Obviously, Fire elementals are immune to fire, so I've stuck with'em.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #27
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

Lost Followers:
The wizard (north) goes down with a fireball. Lay some skull traps to the cleric (the summoner). The archer goes down in melle pretty easily. The monk and the dwarf die on blunt damage. The big guy is IMHO the hardest -literally. Last time i defeated him with straight slashing (he resisted like 15 points of damage, but was the only thing he was not immune to.)

Iyactu Xvim falls fast with lots of electricity, just as Isair and Madae cannot resist cold damage (how fun, how do they plan to live in the north if they can't stand cold??).
Oh well...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #28
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

Has anyone tried to fight the Lost Followers with a solo character?

[ 10-13-2005, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Krowlars ]
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #29
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

I fought them with my svirfnevlin monk... and succeeded. The thing here is you need to have every type of damage, no matter the character. I think a solo wizard or sorcerer would be great in this fight. Hard, I agree, but stylish.