Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
Ginger
Welcomed New User

I have several power packs collected in my inventory, and, since they are supposed to go in one of the secondary slots, I guess they are ammo for something, but what?
I'm fairly far along in the game (ready for Mount Gigas), but these items don't seem to apply to any weapon I've come across. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!
Ginger
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

There are some modern weapons you can find that will use them; really though I find those are a waste, there's alot less ammo then there is out there for bows/slings to the point where there's no use in building the modern weapons skill, and the bow type weapons are better anyways. The only character who should use modern weapons is the Gadgeteer, and he should stick to his omnigun. I think the flamethower is one of the modern weapons that uses power packs? But I would just sell them, they're not worth their weight
Old 07-14-2002, 10:34 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

vapouriser need powerpack. but it doesn't do much damage though, so better sell them.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 12:32 PM   #4
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
There are some modern weapons you can find that will use them; really though I find those are a waste, there's alot less ammo then there is out there for bows/slings ...
For example, the frontier phaser uses power packs.
But you can continue to shoot when they are gone.
Saves on ammo weight.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:44 AM   #5
Oruboris

Yeah, phasers need packs,don't think vaporizers [which cast boiling blood, does lots of damage] do: don't remember ever reloading them...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 05:27 PM   #6
armakh
Manshoon

Vaporizors are ready-made gadgets that you see a lot of when trying to get a light sword. They cast instant death and do not require powerpacks