Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Thumbs Up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a FUN game! (R.A. Salvatore ect wrote the story)

It's better on the PS3 than the PC.. (controls are better, and screen is fullscreen--on the PC, if you have a high res Video card/Mon like 1920x1200, its smaller in scale)

Anyway, I played the Demo, and on the PS3 (and I'm sure the Xbox) its EXTREMELY fun!!! I played the full version today, and let me tell ya, it looks a lot like WOW, but without paying monthly! lol... Its single player though, but still fun as hell!

If you have yet to play the Demo, go give it a chance on the Consoles...
The Author that created Drizzt wrote the entire story with the help of Todd McFarlane, and Ken Rolston. It has over 100 hrs of gameplay!!!! (If you do every side quest).

It's like Fable with a serious tone, yet fun.. with crazy fighting moves, secret doors, treasures and a ton of other things.. You can be a Mage, Fighter, Rogue or mix it up.. has 3 tiers of skills you can put points into, and open trees of new skills--like World of Warcraft.

You can also craft your own weapons/armor and name them --- as well as make potions and create gems for weapons/armor..

"Choc's Sword of Deathclaws"

I have Skyrim, but cannot play for more that an hour without it crashing, black screen of death or hard resetting the PC.. FULL of bugs..
Guess we only have Diablo 3 to look forward to for PC RPG gaming.. and its not 'real' RPGing like Baldur's Gate was..
Miss those days.. I'm about to upgrade to Windows 7, so I hope Skyrim works better on IT... I doubt it.

Anyone else play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a FUN game! (R.A. Salvatore ect wrote the story)

Giving this one a miss since ME3 is just around the corner, then D3, then GW2, plus I'm still having a blast in Skyrim.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a FUN game! (R.A. Salvatore ect wrote the story)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-D-C View Post
Giving this one a miss since ME3 is just around the corner, then D3, then GW2, plus I'm still having a blast in Skyrim.
Same here, err did you try the ME3 demo?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion

I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller and really enjoying it. The combat is well designed and is a satisfying mix between hack'n'slash and a tactical use of abilities. My main beef with Skyrim and Oblivion was that right-mouse block, left-mouse swing deal got old real fast. In most games that give you the warrior/rogue/mage option, I usually go for warrior first since it's usually the most straightforward to get a 'feel' for the game, but this time I'm going straight for mage. Spells cost a lot of mana which discourages chain casting and promotes a more balanced battle-mage style.

Haven't really got far enough to comment on the story or quest quality, but so far it's all been quite engaging.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh yeah, Mass Effect 3 is gonna be epic.... I have a small stash saved away for it.. I rarely buy console games--rent most, but I'm getting ME3 for the PC, and can't WAIT to play it!

I JUST finished ME2 on the PC ($19.00!!) and it was amazing... The ending is crazy
It's very replayable too. Love it!!!

Hope Diablo 3 doesn't come out for a while.. lol.. can't afford all these at once.. ugh!! hehe

Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Same here, err did you try the ME3 demo?
Downloaded it today, but my PC room is a all over the house since we are renovating at the moment.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Didn't know the demo was out!?!? (runs to download)

Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion

Played the demo Wed night and enjoyed it. Seemed much smoother than ME2 on my bootcamped Mac. Didn't get to play with a sniper rifle for my Infiltrator, but don't have much longer to wait.

I did try out the Amalur demo and liked it, but didn't want to drop $60 for the game when ME3 was coming so soon. I don't have all that much free time to spend on games this year, so I can't imagine keeping up with both of those at once. I'll just wait until Amalur has dropped 50% in price and buy it when I have some spare time to enjoy it.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Anyone have a link that WORKS for the download? I tried the KoA:Reckonings demo page and the download link wasn't working.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

You can snag the demo of KoA here:

http://reckoning.amalur.com/r/demo

(Just enter your birth date) and links to the right will show up.