Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-12-2001, 09:31 PM   #31
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, bilqis, kind of you to notice. 22 years ago a foolhardy band of adventurers tried to slay Firkrag and failed. In celebration of his victory Firkrag came out to play decimating the surrounding coutryside, Bear knew that someone had ventured into the lair fearing the worst. The author of the storm was Tiamat Firkrag's father, during the storm 22 years ago it was is support and recognition of his sonlings victory. This time the storm turned from joy to rage that his childling had been slain. Elminster came to Baer 22 years ago during that previous encounter. That band of adventures failed, but the leader survived mortally wounded as was Ceer'Ghan. Elminster and Baer rescued him as well. The leader of that previous band had been Keldorn.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:35 PM   #32
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

oh Thank you! That helps... but.. what will they do now? Will Ceer'Ghan return the battle prize to his order? What is going to happen next please The.Relic?? We're all awaiting chapter two with baited breath.........

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-13-2001, 11:48 AM   #33
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Bumperooni... No, my friend, I won't let this one sink to the bottom of the spam-sea...

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 12:38 PM   #34
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Bumperooni... No, my friend, I won't let this one sink to the bottom of the spam-sea...

Good morning LadyRae. How are you today?

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-13-2001, 01:17 PM   #35
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

I'm doing well, my knight... How are you? I'll just be taking customer calls today so hopefully will be able to pop in and out (what a treat!) Sorry if I neglected you last night... I'm really determined to make Relic feel better about himself as I think he's awesome! (you're pretty awesome too! ) How come you don't see in 3D???

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 01:57 PM   #36
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
I'm doing well, my knight... How are you? I'll just be taking customer calls today so hopefully will be able to pop in and out (what a treat!) Sorry if I neglected you last night... I'm really determined to make Relic feel better about himself as I think he's awesome! (you're pretty awesome too! ) How come you don't see in 3D???

Well, I'm in customer support, so I pop in when I can too. Totally understand that. As for seeing in 3D, I don't have depth perception. When I was younger, maybe 10, I had cross-sight vision. I was an Army brat then and we had military doctors. Well, they performed surgery on my eyes to correct this (tightened muscles), but never checked to see if my eyes were working together. Well, needless to say, they weren't. I didn't even know that I was 3D deficient until I was 17 and was getting an eye checkup and one of my eyes was getting weaker than the other. The doctor (not military) went on a hunch and gave me a depth perception test. It was a picture of a bee. When he pulled it out, my mom jumped back. I just saw a picture of a bee. Well, ever since then, any tests that come up that test depth perception, I have to imagine what it is that I "SHOULD" be seeing. Like with the driver's license people and stuff. I just take the chart on the left and look at the chart on the right, see what super-imposes in the middle and mentally construct a 3D image that I figure they see. As for the military, it was something similar too. Anyways, that's my story. When I was 17, they told me that it would be very difficult, time consuming, and cost a lot of money to get my eyes corrected (if they could be). Well, I didn't want to move again (as I had moved countless times being an Army brat), nor did I want to burden my mom with the financial worries that would occur because of it. When I was in the military, they gave me these glasses that was supposed to help me see 3D, but it mostly made me feel dizzy. Felt like I was walking through a fishbowl. I just adapt, conqueor, and overcome whatever difficulties arise because of the 3D deficit.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-13-2001, 02:16 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

The Relic,

With great pleasure and little shivers of anticipation I read your story. Tis with respect for the storyteller, as the bards of old once told their tales, that I say in humbled tones.."Thank you. Thank you for sharing the vision. Thank you for sharing the fruit of those creative energies that make the story come alive. Thank you for the gift, it will be long treasured. Long treasured, indeed."

Cloudy
Old 03-13-2001, 02:22 PM   #38
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

I know a little bit of what that's like because of a hereditary astigmatism but the lenses help and I do have the one focal point... My thinking is very image oriented, I would miss seeing in 3D... What kind of customer service??? I do tech support for networking...

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 03:07 PM   #39
Draconia

My dear sweet The.Relic, will you finish your story? I don't want to push but I would love to read the rest of your story. You write so well. I do hope you think about finishing your story. Take care, my sweets, a smooch for you.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-13-2001, 03:19 PM   #40
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
I know a little bit of what that's like because of a hereditary astigmatism but the lenses help and I do have the one focal point... My thinking is very image oriented, I would miss seeing in 3D... What kind of customer service??? I do tech support for networking...

I troubleshoot credit card terminals. Very boring stuff really. Very interesting to learn the process though. When someone calls in and asks for help with the terminals, I have to constantly ask them what kind of terminal they are using as we have over 20 different types. Then I have to ask them who they bank with (processor) cause each site has different applications on their terminal. It's hilarious sometimes trying to explain what I need from them in order to be able to help them.

Customer: What do you mean that you don't know if the charge went through? Processor? Aren't you my processor? Look, all's I want to know is if this credit card went through or not.

Me: Sorry, but we do not have access to your network. If you call your processor, they should be able to assist you with that question.

Customer: What? Then who in the hell am I talking to right now?

Me: This is "TECHNICAL SUPPORT". We troubleshoot the software and/or the hardware, but we do not have access to the network to answer network related questions.

Customer: Network? Who is that?

Me: That would be whomever you bank with. If you get a billing statement, it would be the organization listed at the top of the page.

Customer: I don't get a billing statement. Who do I call to find it out?

Me: You would ask your owner or Lead Manager.

Customer: I'm the owner. Now look, you're trying to tell me that I should go with my bank? I bank at United Carolina Bank. Is that who I need to call.

Me: It is whatever bank that you have the terminal sending it's information to. Is this United Carolina Bank account a personal account or a business account?

Customer: It's my personal account. I've been banking with them since I was a kid. Do you have the number I need to call there?

Me: I'm sorry, but we do not have bank information. If this is a personal account, then it is not your processor. Please look at your billing statement for your business. This will tell you what number you should call for this information.

Customer: *CLICK*

Oh well, although that is an example of not being able to assist someone, we do get regular calls though. Oh, and a bit of fun here, we get calls from people trying to order tickets, pizza, etc over the internet sometimes too. They phrase their initial comment in such a way that I sometimes think they are legitimate callers. When I ask them what kind of terminal they are using and who their processor is, it always throws them. LOL. I had someone trying to give me their credit card number cause they thought that by giving me the number it would make the call right or something somehow. Weird.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL