Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-23-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
Nodscene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So I decide to start up Wizardry again after about a year or so and try out a 4 man party. Everything is going great until I hit Arnika. I checked out the building where you get scanned but didn't have Marten's Id tag at the time. Now that I have the id it won't scan me anymore. Isn't there someone I have to talk to there? Also I went to talk to the mook hologram and since I have a mook in my party he left for a while and came back. Am I supposed to be able to get back in there or will that happen later on?

I have the latest patch installed but that didn't make a difference.

I also don't really have any quests. I've talked to Braffit and he doesn't give me anything. The only hint I have is that the T'rang and the Umpani are looking for people. Should I just go to one of these places?

Thanks
Nodscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Getting into the HLL building isn't critical to the game. You learn a little about Marten and have a chance to loot the lockers, that's all. It's odd that the scanner stopped working though.

Later on, you'll be able to enter the Mook compound with your entire party. If you've been all over Arnika (up top and down below), then the next stop is usually Trynton.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Nodscene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried going to Trynton but got my butt kicked pretty bad. The rapax patrols did me in pretty quick. I also was taken out by that damn ant queen. I guess it doesn't help that I'm only 10th level with a party of 4. Maybe I'll just cruise around and gain some levels first.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
ChrisHwk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Although I know most people go to trynton after Arnika, I like to hit the Umpani camp and pick up some of the spells the vendor sells there. I generally don't make any spell picks leveling up except maybe missile shield and element or soul shield during level ups until the lv 6 spells are available. The Umpani aren't too tough to reach in fact I'm sure you could do it before Arnika, but I like to go there first and make some cash with alchemy first. Then I head to Umpani, sign up and buy the lv 4 spells he sells. I quit doing the umpani quest though, except for maybe the first one, the obstacle course, those dang umpani caverns are a pain in the ass to get around in.

If your lv 12 at that point, head to the swamp past trynton and stock up on the lv 4 and 5 spells Crocks sells. Then you can hit the Upper Branches of Trynton with a nice selection of magic to deal with that pain in the butt place. I hate trynton more than any other area in the game. The narrow walkways and crowds of trynnies really make the fights an exercise in patience.

ChrisHwk
ChrisHwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #5
Nodscene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's a good idea, I think I will head to the Umpani base and grab some more spells. If I remember correctly the fights aren't too around there.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

If you do do the umpani next you will probable run into Juggernots instead of piercer modies' on the way to Trynton. I hate Juggernots they take so much to kill and have good defence and too many attacks. Flash powder works great on them however.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #7
Nodscene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I actually haven't had any problems with Juggernaughts for the most part. Sure I have to rest right after the fight because I have no spells left but they haven't killed me yet.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:40 PM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I always get to the Umpani fast; buy what I need from Kunar and kill him. Then you can teleport to Marten's bluff and get lots of stuff in Mt. gigas.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:04 AM   #9
Nodscene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Any reason you kill Kunar? And doesn't that screw up things with the Umpani? Also, I thought there was another way to get into that teleporter room behind him.

One of the reasons I usually don't kill anyone right away is so I can complete as many of the quests as possible. The more exp the better.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:00 AM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I kill Kunar only if I can't steal his key and especially his fake pass. As long as you're not seen doing it it's no problem.
Spoiler:
When you've done everything in Mt. Gigas like opening the teleporter and finding eveything, go to Balbrack, type in Kunar, then traitor and give him the fake pass, you'll get 75k exp, pretty good early in the game.