Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 03:32 PM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Frankly, the threat he presents now is quite immediate enough thank you. If were going to go to war against him (And we are) best to do it now before he becomes an "immediate threat". Cos "immediate threats" with nuclear/biological/chemical/X weaponry have a way of making people suddenly dead.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:32 PM   #12
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Er, didn't say that. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just saying what I heard.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:35 PM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Er, didn't say that. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just saying what I heard.
Nothing personal Horatio [img]smile.gif[/img] , just a response to what I think is a speculation that doesn't really apply.

Saddam certainly wasn't in the "cornered" position when he used Chem/BIO weapons against Iran or his own Kurdish population.

It's an interesting point, just not one I find that makes a lot of sense.

[ 09-26-2002, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-26-2002, 03:49 PM   #14
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
It's an interesting point, just not one I find that makes a lot of sense.
It was stated by a british politician in the Commons. Nuff said
Old 09-26-2002, 03:50 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Oh, pooh, Horatio, we have all that we need and it's dirt cheap right now.
Never been to Holland eh ?
Old 09-26-2002, 03:55 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
One of the arguments put forward was that the time Uncle Suddam was most likely to use his weapons was when he was trapped in a war, with nowhere to go.
Or to just see what happens. Ask the Iranian soldiers. I've seen pictures of what was left of an Iranian infantry division, after Saddam dropped gas on them. It really ruined my appetite.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:55 PM   #17
Charean
Hathor

Like I said, I just haven't been convinced yet.

From what I understand - yes, he has been in violation of many UN agreements. And no, he is not a nice guy.

But why now? The timing just seems so suspicious to me.

Why not last year? Or the year before?
Why are we acting now, and haven't already?

It seems like a diversionary tactic considering our economy and our present search for Osama.

Sure he has weapons, but no way to launch them.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:03 PM   #18
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:

From what I understand - yes, he has been in violation of many UN agreements. And no, he is not a nice guy.

It seems like a diversionary tactic considering our economy and our present search for Osama.

Bush was talking about Iraq in the Spring of 2001, way before September 11th.

No way to launch them? Ask those in Israel, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. Part of his violation of UN resolution is his quest to develope and/or purchase delivery devices/technology.

The timing is crappy, after all, this should have been done over a decade ago, but the Middle Eastern Allies, and the West for that matter, just didn't have the stomach for it.

The truth of the matter is, if your not convinced then nothing that is written here will change your mind. The same is true if you really believe our leadership would take us into a "frivalous" war just to take people's minds off the economy, for political reasons, or whatever.

The cool thing about discussing it here is that it may change your/my perspective of those with a different point of view [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 09-26-2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-26-2002, 04:08 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:

Do we know that ? He doesn't allow weapons inspectors, remember ? And yes, he somehow has connections with Bin Laden, there are Al Qaedda trainingcamps located just outside Bagdad. And they won't go in now, Rammadan is coming up, they'll wait until that's over, so i think January or February it goes down.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #20
Charean
Hathor

You have a point, Johnny & Ronn_Bman.

Yes the timing could be better.

And yes, they MAY allow what they called "conditional inspections" (which seems pretty darn fishy).

But WHY wasn't this taken care of when we were there in Kuwait? It would have made sense then. Everything in one fell swoop. I was there. He ticked me off royally by setting those wells on fire. Bah.