Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 05:31 PM   #21
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

In that case I'd prefer nice to real.

This place actually used to be SO much more fun before....

Nice if it isnt real is no good, I would prefer polite vs rude though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2002, 05:34 PM   #22
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

then i guess i can no longer recite lyrics if people are going to snap at them... *turns off his music playing devices*
Old 01-30-2002, 05:41 PM   #23
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Fine, I know one way of maintaining discipline (even if mine was lacking). As of now every one is conscripted into my evergrowing army of the dead and all discussion shall cease in favour of the chant : Brains, brains Brains, Brainsssss...........

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: jabidas ]

Old 01-30-2002, 06:02 PM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
And for the rest ... I like the old days just fine, but constantly bemoaning the fact that we don't have certain people here or aren't doing certain things is counterproductive.

Saz, I know what you mean! I've seen members take on pseudo'mod' hats and start telling others what to do and how to do it without a solitary thought for politeness or propriety.

FWIW-- Discussions can be heated and that is NOT a problem in so long as all the parties involved maintain some level of respect in their posts. You don't need to agree with me, but you do need to avoid calling me names or flaming me because you might be losing an argument.

*Thumps Vaskez...just cuz he's here and she likes the idea.* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudy

Right! Slander and now assault! I'm adding it to the list of charges missy!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-30-2002, 06:13 PM   #25
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, before the speculation starts flying (which it already appears to be doing), let me make a few things clear about what I meant:

A) I was in no way referring to the serious discussion threads, which I am pleased are being conducted as well as they are...keep up the great work there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

B) I'm not calling for *forced nicety*...that makes me want to choke and puke as well. I *am* calling for a general atmosphere of respect, though, which a few of our members seem to be lacking in. Not many, thank goodness, but a few.

What IS irritating me, and why I made this post to begin with, is that there are a few members who have decided to take on a pseudo-moderator stance and lecture others about petty *infractions*, some of which is ridiculous. It is high-handed, officious, and downright rude. Like "Excuse me, but who died and made you Mod?"

Now, I know that the IW of 2002 is not the IW of 2001. Maybe that's for the best. It would be terrible if everything stagnated. Forums need to be dynamic and move with the times...but that does not call for a general tossing down of mutual respect for others.

And, on the other side of the coin, as Nachtrafe so well pointed out, yes, people are WAAAY too whiny and oversensitive, especially lately. One of my favorite mottos is, "Don't run with the big dogs if you're going to piddle like a puppy." That is to say, if you find yourself in a thread that's offending you,

A) take your mouse,
B) point to your "Back" button
C) and CLICK it!

because THAT'S what it's there for!

You certainly don't have to be in nodding agreement with everyone here. But you do have to show them the same level of respect that you expect them to show you as a public forum participant. And if that means shutting your piehole instead of saying something whiny, undercutting, or demeaning, then by all means, keep your peace. Believe me, we have "something for everyone" here, and not all threads are for everyone. Be constructive, not destructive.

Ok, hope this clears things up.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-30-2002, 06:14 PM   #26
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Fine, I know one way of maintaining discipline (even if mine was lacking). As of now every one is conscripted into my evergrowing army of the dead and all discussion shall cease in favour of the chant : Brains, brains Brains, Brainsssss...........

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: jabidas ]

Can I be a higher ranking undead? Maybe Juju Zombie? Also does alcohol effect the undead? I'd rather it did, nothing wrong with brains & beer I say
Old 01-30-2002, 06:32 PM   #27
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Right! Slander and now assault! I'm adding it to the list of charges missy!

I just know there's going to be a Johnny Cochran cameo over here very soon...
Old 01-30-2002, 06:51 PM   #28
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

With more members comes more riff raff hmph. I think its goota be the newbies causing all the trouble. We should just start booting them left and right. OK everyone Im just kidding, but one problem is people need to lighten up a little. everytime somone posts a sarcastic post trying to be a little funny or what not we dont need people all harpin' on them. I mean yes thats not the only problem, and yes some people have gotten a little out of hand with the sarcasm, but just turn the other cheek people. If we all live by the treat others as you would like to be treated thing, then everyone can be ahppy. If we all do a little bit of both of these things will be a lot happier for everyone. but anyways do what you all want this is just a suggestion
Old 01-30-2002, 06:53 PM   #29
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

*Vaskez can't help feeling much of the negative comments are aimed at him*
Old 01-30-2002, 07:39 PM   #30
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
With more members comes more riff raff hmph. I think its goota be the newbies causing all the trouble. We should just start booting them left and right.

I think we should boot you off as well then, cos relatively, you're still a newbie [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Vaskez ]