Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-04-2001, 02:27 PM   #21
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
But in that list you are forgetting all the autobots, and the transformers in the seazon after the one you are talking about (where they get back to there planet) and make it Bio-organic.

sorry I watch tv (mainly cartoons and Japanes Animay) when i do my homework or when i get bored.

Ah yes, but you're forgetting that's a different series (called Beast Machines), and the list this Gwanos guy was giving seemed to be about Beast Wars alone. I'm not even thinking about making a list of all the hundreds Autobots and Decepticons of 4 seasons US Cartoons and 7 seasons Japanese cartoons.

And btw: there's indeed a new Transformer show coming soon, with Transformers transforming into vehicles again in the main roles... The series is called Robots in Disguise and should be airing somewhere this month for the first time in the US...
Old 09-04-2001, 02:29 PM   #22
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Didn't the movie kick ass!!

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Old 09-04-2001, 02:35 PM   #23
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Larry which move there are probably doezons of them. Also Beast Machienes is another show I guess But the same charecters and continuation of the Beast Wars story.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 02:39 PM   #24
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Didn't the movie kick ass!!

No... It was actually one of the worst things which ever happened to the Transformers... It was the breaking point in the success of the TF; after the movie the series got much worse and sales dropped as well...
They killed off a lot of cool characters in the movie (Prowl, Ironhide, Brawn, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Windcharger, Huffer, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Megatron in some way as well, Optimus Prime!!), causing a lot of youth trauma's . Did you know that children having seen the original US version left the cinema crying because their hero Optimus Prime died? Really, before they aired the movie in countries outside the US, they added an extra scene in which was stated that "Optimus Prime will be back one day"... Oh, and they also censored the word "bloody" from the US version...
Anything more about why the movie was bad? It brought us Danny and Wheelie, the worst characters ever in the US continuation of the Transformers series... Oh, and it also brought us the Junkions and the Quintessons, more mistakes...

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 09-04-2001).]
Old 09-04-2001, 02:41 PM   #25
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Larry which move there are probably doezons of them. Also Beast Machienes is another show I guess But the same charecters and continuation of the Beast Wars story.

Actually, there is only one Transformer movie ever released outside of Japan, the one Larry was referring to... There also exists a Japanese Beast Wars II Movie, but Beast Wars II was never aired outside Japan and therefore neither was the movie.
Old 09-04-2001, 03:04 PM   #26
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I thought there were more besides you can get Beastwars season 2 on the net if you really want to see it.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 03:20 PM   #27
Grojlach
Zartan

Blade, you misunderstand... There are two different versions of Beast Wars, one is computer animated, and is the one known to you, which has 3 seasons, (a total of 52 episodes). There's also another version of Beast Wars, called Beast Wars II and which is Japanese, and looks like a japanese anime (so not computer animated). And yes, those episodes can be downloaded everywhere, I downloaded them myself already... I'd suggest http://www.tfarchive.com , which has some of the computer animated ones online (switching every month); they also have all the US Comics online to read, pretty awesome... You might wanna check that out.
Old 09-04-2001, 03:22 PM   #28
Tancred
White Dragon

Ah, Transformers rock FAAAAAR more than the pansy Go-Bots. Especially Japanese Transformers, if any of you have had the privelege of seeing the dubbed version.

Ah, yes, such mighty heroes as Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Jazz, Billy and Philip; the last two bearing an uncanny resemblance to Blaster and Metroplex.

Such wonderful new characters as Sixshot, the self-proclaimed 'Ninja Consultant' to the Decepticons.

Such fantastic dialogue as "Darn that Soundwave!" "What kind of Ninja Consultant ARE you?" (what kinds are there, I wonder?) and, my personal favourite:
"Okay then.
(pause)
Let's all go!
(longer pause)
TRANSFORM!"

Such mesmerising scenes as

(scene change)
Arcee: "Who are they?"
Huffer: "We don't know."
Kup: "Are you sure?"
Huffer: "Yes."
Arcee: "Hadn't we better find out?"
Huffer: "How?"
(scene change)

Ah yes, I love Transformers.

Tancred

"PLEASE! TURN IT OFF! I'M STARTING TO LIKE IT!"
Old 09-04-2001, 03:31 PM   #29
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:

(scene change)
Arcee: "Who are they?"
Huffer: "We don't know."
Kup: "Are you sure?"
Huffer: "Yes."
Arcee: "Hadn't we better find out?"
Huffer: "How?"
(scene change)
Yeah, you're right, the Japanese series (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory) aren't bad, though you're right about the subbed episodes, "Darn you Fortress Maximus, yer gonna die" isn't really a convincing death thread.
Though I'm a little puzzled about the conversation between Huffer and Arcee you just brought up... Huffer died in the movie (offscreen, but it happened) and Arcee was introduced in the movie for the first time... So they didn't meet in any of the cartoons. Are you sure it was Huffer?
Old 09-04-2001, 03:31 PM   #30
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Transformers? I haven't watched seen that cartoon for years. I have been watching beast wars though. Unfortunately I stopped watching, and had no idea what was going on when I started up again. Hopefully the new transformers show will be as interesting as the old one. Maybe...

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.