Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-20-2001, 06:43 PM   #11
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
I find that in LadyRae's story thread, that my writings have made others feel that they shouldn't post their own
Hey no....
I didn't mean it like that
I was just saying, that your story was really good, and I thought mine weren't... Don't leave, it was just a joke, I am sorry if it offended you... I appologise for that.

As for upsetting the harmony of the board, I would say you simply added to the flavour of it, and made it a better place!

You're always welcome!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 06:50 PM   #12
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Dear Dear The.Relic... there has been some terrible misunderstanding somewhere. You are such a joy to chat with.. your roleplay and stories add so much fun and depth to the board. Please my friend... don't leave us! You are hurting far more of us by LEAVING than if you stayed and tried to clear up any misunderstandings. Pleeeeeeaaassse Come Back !!!!

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. (new member of TLH)

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 06:56 PM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Relic, I just broke my solemn promise to myself that I would not post here tonight for you!!! You are a very very kind and sweet and generous person and the Forum will be suffering a great loss if you leave! I have no idea what made you post your message but I know for sure that all of this must be based on misunderstandings! Please don't go!!!!
BTW I really am posting here only to say this and will be offline soon so if any kind person asks about me I'm sorry if I don't reply. I have had an incredibly tiring and stressful day and will tell you all about the bloodtest etc tomorrow or anytime soon.
Sorry for going offtopic here for a sec Relic, I just don't want to offend anybody by not replying straightaway. I hope that you'll read this! We all can't do without you!!!!!!! I mean it!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-20-2001, 07:22 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I am truly baffled Relic. I do not see where you have offended ANYONE!! Certainly not me! I think you're terrific! Please don't go! Who do you think you have offended? You are one of our most cherished members, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT??? Don't make me e-mail you now friend!

Relic? Please answer.

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 07:27 PM   #15
sylent
Emerald Dragon

This is what I said
Quote:
I have some storied, but I am embarrased to post them after what I have read here...
Great work from all!
I love the descriptions you give Relic, it really generates images in my head.
I merely meant it as a compliment, did you neglect to read the part where I said
I love the descriptions you give Relic, it really generates images in my head.

Relic...
I have posted my little story in the thread which you mentioned.

it is just a misunderstanding... don't leave now

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 03-20-2001, 07:29 PM   #16
Stealthy

Relic, what have I missed? I always thought of you as one of the nicest guys on the board and funny to boot. I will miss your wit, as will all of us. There has to be a misunderstanding, I can't believe you could offend anyone. I hope to god you are reading these replies. What made you feel this way?

Melusine, I won't push now, as I know its late and you are tired, but I have been thinking about you all day (no change there then ). I really hope it went well, as I have worn a groove in my fingers from having them crossed for so long.

------------------

Never accept an invitation from Wolfgir to a BBQ!
Click here for the album site.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:02 PM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

The Relic, I don't understand what happened here, but the board needs you. Your stories are inspiring, and your presence is felt here. Just think what you're doing to poor LadyRae. If this is something related to RL, then I can understand as I am going through quite a bit right now too, but if it's because of something in here, I'm sure there is some kind of misunderstanding going on. Please don't leave. You mean a great deal to the board and it will become something a great deal less without you. Come back. Please.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-20-2001, 08:14 PM   #18
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
[B]I considered just disappearing, but I care about everyone here too much to do that. I also thought about making up some lame excuse like, "I'm going to be sooo busy that I won't be around for awhile". But that would also be wrong.

After my long absence I returned because I really missed the best group of people on any board anywhere on the net. And for a time my presense seemed to be a positive one. Recently however, My presense has been anything but positive, except in the case of the endearing LadyRae. I have inadvertantly managed to alienate friends (PLURAL), some very dear to me. If that were not grievous enough, I find that in LadyRae's story thread, that my writings have made others feel that they shouldn't post their own.
Even though the effects of my presense haven't been intentionally "Flameworthy or Trollish", the net result has had much the same effect. I have disrupted the harmony of the board, and that is unnacceptable.
Please forgive me!

Traveling to the Temple District, he makes his way to the entrance of the sewers. Lifting the grate, he hangs his head in resignation while making his way to his destination. Once there he sighs heavily as the old Kensai places all his weopons on the ground. Casting a longing look at his old friend the Vorpal Blade, he removes all of his articles of protection and places them on the ground as well. Closing his eyes, he wistfully touches his lips savoring the memory of the sweet of his Lovely Princess LadyRae. Now he can but only Squaring his shoulders, he hurls open the heavy door. Unarmed and unprotected he ventures forth into the Mindflayer's lair, slamming the door behind him..
Forever Smitten by

B]
Didn't you have a topic like this on the old forum too? Didn't these people listen to you the last time?? People can be so cruel. This time they will change though, they will give you all the attention that you deserve, and you will be a popular member of this forum. Am I not right people?
Old 03-20-2001, 08:27 PM   #19
Stealthy

I bloody hope so

------------------

Never accept an invitation from Wolfgir to a BBQ!
Click here for the album site.
Old 03-20-2001, 09:31 PM   #20
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words.

el_kalkylus, I am trying to appreciate your response, perhaps I am misunderstanding it.
Firstly, NO, I do not have a thread like this in the old forum. It was Gabriel, who felt that he may need to leave. My thread on the old forum was to ask for prayers and thoughts for my daughter Brittany who had been injured. Anyone here who knows me, knows that I have never talked about or sought sympathy or attention for my own personal problems or feelings. If that is how you view this then you definately do not not know me. If I am misunderstanding your intent or meaning, then I definately apologize to you.

Dearest Draconia, lovely flower of the Dragon Realms, this is most certainly NOT.. I REPEAT.. NOT YOUR FAULT..!!!! I wouldn't have even responded if I hadn't seen that you blamed yourself for this, and that you felt you had to leave too. This was MY FAULT.... Not yours!!! And no I do not wish to cause LadyRae more grief, I see that good friend Tobbin may be in the process of returning, so I will most likely be losing my place soon if I have not already . Dear One, I will make a deal with you. You stay here where you belong, and I'll drag my sorry old Kensai's battered butt out of that MindFlayer lair and go back to the Inn for a much needed round of
Hell, it didn't work anyway. Once they tried to suck what was left of my miniscule brain out, they realized that I was farther gone than Minsc, and didn't want anything to do with me...Go figure...
So my sweet Draconia, DO WE HAVE A DEAL? I am not leaving this stinky old Mindflayer Lair and going back to the Inn until I read your decision right here precious Dragonflower!
And people for Helm's sake.. CARRY ON AS USUAL.. Ewww, I would be sick if you acted like I wanted a big party in my honor...YUCK!
Smitten by

[This message has been edited by The.Relic (edited 03-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by The.Relic (edited 03-20-2001).]