Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2001, 12:47 AM   #11
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

Talk about a speed game, I finished BG1 one day when I was bored in about 8 hours! I don't know if that's good or not, but I thought it was pretty amazing!
Old 05-02-2001, 01:37 AM   #12
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Atomizer:
Talk about a speed game, I finished BG1 one day when I was bored in about 8 hours! I don't know if that's good or not, but I thought it was pretty amazing!

very cool...
How long in game time?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 05-02-2001, 08:32 AM   #13
Gd_00
Dungeon Master

and what with petrifieing spell at the lich entrance (torso keeper) & in copper sewers, with finger of death spells in sphere
can fighter use green scrolls? (i think he can)
Old 05-02-2001, 02:03 PM   #14
ShadowUK

I tried soloing but i found it very boaring........

------------------
Old 05-02-2001, 04:20 PM   #15
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I just soloed a monk, it was my second time through the game, I'd never used a monk before, I'd never soloed before, so I thought 'What the hell...'

It was challenging up to a certain point but it got quite boring after chapter 6.I pretty much knew what I was doing, and what the main quests involved, as I'd done a lot of them before - but without that knowledge I would never have got out of the first dungeon.

Personally I think it is just a good way to go through the game fairly quickly, even if you do die a lot.There is a great feeling when you kill a dragon on your own. However, you do miss out on a lot of the game. So really it depends on what you want out of the game.
Old 05-02-2001, 05:21 PM   #16
Stealthy

Don't fancy soloing as you miss out on the romances and NPC quests. Even if you do have them in your party a short while, many quests, eg Jaheiras, take a long time to finish and add a lot to the story. I found Icewind Dale dry because of the lack of NPC in the party.

------------------

My doctor told me to eat more, but all this spam hasn't helped.

Click here for the album site.

Shadow Mage of the OHF.

Funny Bone of the LH
Old 05-02-2001, 05:21 PM   #17
Rikard

Javi is soloing with a sorcerer
personally i think that's the best mage to solo with as you have all you learned spells memorized so you become more versetile

Thief might be interresting to solo aswell
You can detect traps and disarm them
Fight like a fighter and backstab for even more damage
Only No Magic
And magic is somthing I'll miss to much so I never tried soloing with a thief
Did with a Necromancer But I died to much

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-02-2001, 06:00 PM   #18
Stealthy

Guess if you do want to solo, a multi class character is a good choice. That way you cover all the bases and have no obvious gaps. I would try a fighter/mage/thief as there are plenty of healing potions and the slow leveling will not be a problem as you gain all the EXP anyhow.

------------------

My doctor told me to eat more, but all this spam hasn't helped.

Click here for the album site.

Shadow Mage of the OHF.

Funny Bone of the LH
Old 05-02-2001, 06:12 PM   #19
Lord Shield

Heh! Vaskez loves plugging his custom kit site.
Back to the topic I see no problem with the fighter solo - high hit points, swords and armour with special defences against mental attacks/energy, bash open locks
Clerics may have it easy too. Yes, they have to soak some trap damage, but they're healers and they have some energy-absorbing spells (Druids also have Ironskin) - locked doors i don't know about
Mages - yep! mirror imageing, Stoneskin, protection from just about everything under the sun ,and "Knock"
Thieves - love them! Can do anything.. except sneak up on a mage with Truesight - hit them before they cast this spell

Old 05-02-2001, 07:31 PM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe, well if I made the kits there's no point in them rotting away on the server's hardrive without anyone ever trying them is there? And no one's gonna know about it unless I post about it. Might as well.... some ppl actually thank me....