Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-04-2001, 03:10 AM   #1
Aptom

How do I get new traits and skills? For example, the ability for a Warlock to Identify stuff. I have a level 6 warlock, but cant seem to make him Identify anything. Ive heard you need to develop your Artifact skill, but I dont have the option for that when I level up. ... Ive looked in the magic guild, but the only thing he will let me train is is things already available when I level up. Do I need to be a certain level or something? And where do you get all the neat traits, like two swords, and merchant ect... Any help would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Aptom (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 03:21 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

To be able to identify things you have to train the artifact skill. You might have to train another skill first to open up that option, but right now I can't remember (I'm at work). Anyway, that's done in either the Wizard's or the Priest's guilds. Furthermore, it's important to complete the different guild quests because you increase your status within the guild. Some training options does not become awailable until you reach a certain status. For example, 2 weapon training won't be possible until you reach Warrior's guild level 4. And you won't reach that level until you are in Ishad N'ha.

Good questing

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 03:24 AM   #3
Yazee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Higher levels in the guilds , which you get in return by doing guild quests, holding your pointer over the button "enter guld " should show you which GUILD- Level you have!
First thing for most skills to buy is the according trait, for artifacts its...huhm, must be in the manual somewhere, probably in a adirectory on your HD as some kind of pdf- file or at least thatīs what i think!

------------------
Vertigo?
Falling from great heights would make me start to giggle!
Itīs the ground thatīs REALLY killling me...
Yazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 08:12 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Aptom!!!

You need both ANCIENT LORE and ARTIFACT skill to be able to identify items. Increasing your level in artifacts will improve your ability to identify more important items.
You have to be guild level 3 to get the Ancient Lore skill.

Hope you get it soon!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote