Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

spoilers

I killed drizzt in bodi's final showdown because i wanted his stuff, and after i left the dungon some git came and took his stuff even after i told him to jam it. so i SK'ed them in (i know im a cheat) and he came back and took them too! its pissing me off so what do i do to keep them? will he eventually go away?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Nope. I found his stuff not to be too useful anyway.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
spoilers

I killed drizzt in bodi's final showdown because i wanted his stuff, and after i left the dungon some git came and took his stuff even after i told him to jam it. so i SK'ed them in (i know im a cheat) and he came back and took them too! its pissing me off so what do i do to keep them? will he eventually go away?
Fraid not, unless you get a thing (sorry, not sure what it's called right now. Six of Spades might know) that turns off the dude. I never usually need the equipment anyways. By that point, I'm quite well equipped.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
It's probably part of the Ease of Use mod. I would frown on using that for that purpose... The guy was put there for a reason, you know? If you're cheating, why not just cheat in equipment that doesn't do that? You can't justify it anyway, and if you're going to hell, you might as well go in a handbasket.

[ 03-24-2005, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

It doesn't make much sense to me why they put him there, since there are many better items available by that point in the game. But, I see you're point Illumina. (You really are anti-cheating aren't you? )
Old 03-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
It doesn't make much sense to me why they put him there, since there are many better items available by that point in the game. But, I see you're point Illumina. (You really are anti-cheating aren't you? )
Well, they put him in for roleplaying/realism reasons, I would imagine... You can't just knock off and loot a well-connected, high-level party with tons of allies without someone resurrecting them and coming for the items in question.

And I'm not anti-cheating as much as I'm pro-roleplaying and anti-powergaming.

[ 03-24-2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

He comes to put them in a museum, actually. I was just wondering about the anti-cheating cuz you were sorta going after Variol in his monster thread for CLUAing the items he lost in the Sahaugin city.

EDIT- Ah, ok. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 03-24-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yes, it's definitely Ease of Use. I don't like the intervention because its so damn unrealistic! Somehow he just disarms/digs out of your pack the weapons without your level 15 warrior being able to stop him...I'd much prefer either a battle, or at least a nod to realism, perhaps a mass-sleep spell of some kind...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 AM   #9
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Lol shamrock i see your point but if any of you have read the books by R.A Salvatore then you will realise why.

Harkel Harpell (the mage) is one of Drizzts best freinds, he comes from Longsaddle. Hes part of a family of eccentric and none to skilled mages that are always inventing new spells ( such as the Fog of Fate ) that often get them into trouble.

I think the BG2 team probably put him in there to make Drizzts look stronger. I mean hes sposed to be this awsome fighter that no one can kill, but the your Protagonist comes along and just kinda steps on him and he dies. So buy taking his equipment of you it kinda makes him less pathetic since you dont really win in the end i think..in a really wierd way.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:16 AM   #10
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

He couldn't be too powerful, or the fight with Bodhi would be too easy, anyway you are the son of the god of murder, it not that unplausable that you could squash him. Another acid kensai type NPC figth would have been good, then you could really have earnt the items.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote