Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 04:34 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Here is how it is IMO;

1. Neverwinter will be the most popular, and will be EXTREMELY easy to make dungeons and story. Will NOT allow model or texture import in this release (Maybe in an addon pack?)

2. Morrowind will be less popular, and will be the hardest for creating dungeons and story. Allows models and texture import as well.
(I have the Morrowind Worldeditor--it's VERY detailed, and takes a LOT of time to make something.

3. Dungeon Siege will be really popular like NWN, and will allow importing of models and textures, and will be easier than Morrowind to create Dungeons and Story. Dungeon Siege looks to be the winner for the 'Hack and Slash' crowd too. Fun as well!

I am getting all 3 (Press) [img]smile.gif[/img] , but if I were to buy just one, it would be Neverwinter Nights. then, second would be Dungeon Siege. These will have the largest following, and lot's of servers with multiplay.

I can't wait, MAN... April seems so close now.. I almost feel like they will delay it again.. scared.. they did say April was 'final' for DS so... cross yer swords.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-01-2002, 04:37 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Just seems to me that with a 3rd person view it's going to end up being a hack 'n' slash disguised as an RPG, your skill at strafing will probably be more important than your ability to think logically.

Also, NWN is being over-hyped a lot, remember PoR2? It was hyped as being the best and coolest, but what did it turn out to be? Boring, buggy and badly-made, just check out some of the posts in the PoR2 forum if you don't believe me.

Er.. Neb, NWN is 3rd person like Baldurs Gate series, and trust me, it will be VERY heavy in RPG quality.. They have been working on this since 1999.. it ought to be an AWESOME game.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-03-2002, 08:39 AM   #13
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Leave it to Ziroc,

I should have figured that he'd be well informed.

Thanks. I did some more checking and decided that I'll try to download the demos when they start getting posted. I'm not much to hack and slash, so I don't know if Dungeon Siege is going to be for me, but who knows. My friends are more hack-n-slash than I am.

I might try Morrowind, just because it sounds pretty involved. And I'm sure that some really cool mods will be developed, even if I can't do any designing myself.

And I'm now more certain than ever that I'll wait impatiently for NWN.

Thanks