Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-22-2001, 01:25 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hi I'm playing BG2:SOA, Chapter 2. I heard about ToB. Is it an expansion which you travel in totaly new ares (can not be able to return previous chapters of SoA like Heart Of Winter) or it adds some side quests, items to ORIGINAL SOA? I mean should I buy it after I complete the game or should I buy it now and have it effects?

Old 08-22-2001, 01:32 PM   #2
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

there are two parts to the expansion: Add-In and Add-On. Add-in is a dungeon (Watcher's keep) which is accessable from both, SoA and ToB. The Add-on is the areas that you can access after finishing SoA. The good think about installing ToB before finishing SoA is that it raises the XP cap up to 8 mln. So, I would recommend getting it ASAP if you are planning to get it anyway.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:11 PM   #3
Starkiller
The Magister

From my experience, if you install ToB before you beat SoA there are some additional changes, like extra items in certain stores, a few extra lines of dialouge, and, if you install the patch, better fixes for certain bugs.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-22-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Buy it!! You will be maxed out in SOA by the end of the game. Don't waste exp get TOB and you'll still be able to level up. You can find nice treasure in Watcher's Keep. Remember Durlag's Tower in BG? It's like that but not as hard.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.