Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 11:19 PM   #1
dharmastum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Howdy,

I've cleared out most of this section, but keep getting smoked when I go up against the Worg Riders, Goblin Shaman, Ice Troll and that big guy with the club. Theyr're sitting by the main entrance to the stronghold in the northeast section of the map.

Initially, I tried setting up a perimeter and taking on the Worg riders one at a time, but the Shaman shows up late and keeps picking me off with spells, while sitting out of range of my spell casters and archers.

I've also tried rushing the shaman, managed to kill him, retreated to a better position, managed to kill off the worg riders, tried to get rid of the troll and club guy, but more stupid worg riders keep teleporting into my midst and killing off my battle-weary crew.

Who is summoning these rat-bastards? It's the guys coming in late that are really giving me trouble. I knocked out two drums. It doesn't look like I missed any.

I've got a ranger, barbarian, monk, wizard/sorcerer (or something), wizard/rogue, and cleric/bard. Approx 4 levels per character.

Any help will be, as always, greatly appreciated.

thanks,
greg
dharmastum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 12:35 AM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Greg,The easiest way is to hit,try to kill at least one of them and head off screen (you know the little wagon wheel)heal and fortify save and hit em again,sometimes thats the only way I could get by the hoards!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 AM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by dharmastum:
I've also tried rushing the shaman, managed to kill him, retreated to a better position, managed to kill off the worg riders, tried to get rid of the troll and club guy, but more stupid worg riders keep teleporting into my midst and killing off my battle-weary crew.

Who is summoning these rat-bastards? It's the guys coming in late that are really giving me trouble. I knocked out two drums. It doesn't look like I missed any.
Ahh..that is the problem. There are three drums. Send your thief sneaking about again and find it.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
Northraven
Manshoon

There is also a third drum that you have to knock out in the very Northeastern corner of the map. I had trouble with that fight too and found that the best way to beat it was to approach from the southern bridge, quickly kill the Worg riders and then rush east into the corner and take down the big shaman boss guy with all but one of my fighters who took care of the last drum while the rest of my crew wrecked shop. If you need any more tips on this area or the rest of chapter one just post and I'll try to help. The whole first chapter was hard as hell for me but a real blast as well. Keep you chin up soldier, chapter 2 and 3 get a little easier [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"Before the world was bent but after the great contagion, there was a civilization built in the image of the First Age. It sought to emulate the splendor of the bygone Golden Age, but it was in all ways less. It was a time of sorcery and heroism, of fabulous wonders and treacherous betrayals. Ruled by a decadent empire, it slipped inch by inch into barbarism and darkness, until one last cataclysm blotted it out forever. Yet, in it\'s sunset, it was a splendid thing, and glorious were the deeds of the Exalted.\"<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.sloganizer.net/en/\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Severed-spc-Fist.png\" alt=\" - \" /></a>
Northraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:42 AM   #5
dharmastum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you!

I rushed the Shaman, killed him, and then retreated off-stage.

Once he was gone, I was able to knock out the Worg Riders, went over and knocked out Drum Three, and cleard the screen.

many thanks,
greg
dharmastum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:06 PM   #6
ratchild
Manshoon

The next stage is the warrens, and they also have a few drums in them, so keep an eye out. Sneaking around with a thief is a great way to scout out the opposition, but make sure you have plenty of points in your sneak, hide, and move silently skills. getting caught is no fun
Old 09-12-2002, 12:38 AM   #7
Kalak
The Magister

A thief with a bow can sit across the gorge without anything in view but the third drum and take it out. Be careful though and use stealth till you see the drum.