Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 11:41 PM   #1
Kaleban
Manshoon

Where do you guys find it??? I can barely get through Irenicus' dungeon and do the first few minor Athkatla quests before I need to stop for real life considerations.

And most of you seem to be on your bazillionth time through the game with this setup or such and such party, etc.

I'd like to delve into the game's secrets, but I find myself playing with an NPC party, getting bored, trying a solo, getting bored, trying my own party, getting bored, etc.

I love the game and the gameplay, I just find it hard to stay focused on one party or one character. Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2001, 11:59 PM   #2
dwarf 13
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i can't help you, i have had the same problem. every time i get so far into the game, i want to try something new and restart.
Old 11-16-2001, 12:12 AM   #3
chinese noodle
Manshoon

im sweet as, im 13 and only have to go to school most of the rest of the time im either on the comp or in town with friends.

WEEKENDS!!! 6 hours of non-stop bg2 a DAY
Old 11-16-2001, 12:17 AM   #4
BRIAN DO'URDEN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I feel your pain brother, I had the same problem the first 19(yes 19) times I started. Since joining this forum I've discovered quite a few things that forced me to start the game over. I feel that I've gathered enough info. from everyone elses tips to enjoy this time through, although I must admit I almost started over this evening(I can't do that f!*#ing dungeon AGAIN!). I figured since it is such a great game, I'll definately play it again, so I'm sucking it up and finishing this one no matter how many cool things I see on here.(although I've always wanted to be a death knight, and since I'm currently playing a fighter/mage....?) I don't know what to tell you other than try to finish and play through again. Best of luck!
Old 11-16-2001, 12:21 AM   #5
Kaleban
Manshoon

I suppose part of it is all the new play options, like kits, new items, and all the story-driven quests and dialogue, as well as the updated NPC interaction.

I want to see it all, but don't really have the time to try say, an Archer as the leader with every possible permutation of party NPCs in the game, after which I try a Wild Mage, or a Monk, or Barbarian, or Assassin...

ARGH!

I suppose most of it comes from playing CRPGs that focus on one main character, the PC, and all NPC interaction is with non-player controlled characters (i.e. Daggerfall, Quest for Glory series). I love magic, but hate it when I come across a weapon I cannot use and it is really cool! I guess the problem is I'm not willing to compromise on my alter-ego...
Old 11-16-2001, 08:40 AM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Well I only finished the game twice so far. I know what you are saying about wanting to try all the kits. Everytime I play I regret not taking a certain kit. I have played about 6 or seven times and have restarted. I am currently playing a a solo sorcerer, and I am having a lot of fun. I do want to play a party again because I always seem to try to rush through the game and barely take the time to read all the dialog. It helps if you play an hour or two every day about the same time (if possible). Sometimes I'll start a game but won't get back to it for a while, and then I'm not in to it so I restart.