Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-03-2001, 03:53 PM   #1
Kislahar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know what to do in the shadow lord Quest, I have nearly all pieces of paper and 2 of the parts of the roundy thing, What do I do with all these things? did I miss something really obvious, any help would be appreciated

-Kislahar
Old 11-03-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Kislahar:
I don't know what to do in the shadow lord Quest, I have nearly all pieces of paper and 2 of the parts of the roundy thing, What do I do with all these things? did I miss something really obvious, any help would be appreciated

-Kislahar

First, welcome to the board!

OK, the pieces of paper that I assume you're talking about are clues to the responses to give to the statue that is close to the jail cells. If you answer its questions correctly, it will give you the a piece of the 'roundy thing'. Does this help? If not maybe you could be more specific about where you've been or take a look at the walkthrough over at the main IW site.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:10 PM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

There's a really big talking head in the dungeon.
(when you enter, first door to your right, straight trough that room and then again straight on, you'll see it)
Answer its riddle, using the scrolls of paper
(there are three). And you'll get another item
(maybe another roundie-thing part, dunno).
Anywaym as long as you cover each centimeter of the dungeon, you should be fine.
(of the three shadow-doors, ONE you canNOT open.
Move around this one, via the bridge before the door, there's a fire-pit after the bridge, and another room in the north-right corner of the fire-pit, where you'll find another piece of paper)
After that go down to the south-right corner and enter the room there. Another quest awaits, you'll find the required item in the dungeon too.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:11 PM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

I agree with desuma,
reading a walkthrough would seriously limit my RSI danger
[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 04:13 PM   #5
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

Welcome first of all. Now, did u take the tests with the giant head??
Old 11-03-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by daan:
I agree with desuma,
reading a walkthrough would seriously limit my RSI danger
[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

'RSI'? (totally clueless here)
Old 11-03-2001, 04:36 PM   #7
Kislahar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, Thank you all for welcoming me!
I took the tests with the head, found out the answers the hard way, I just kept chosing until I got the right answer got flamestriked a couple of times [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've looked at the whole map, killed everything, and only have 2 pieces of the roundy thing, there is a statue which says it has it's hand out to hold something do I put something into it? (the statue where the bone golum was gaurding it) thanks again for any help [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Kislahar
Old 11-03-2001, 04:44 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Are you asking about the Shade Lord Quest?
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
did you pick up the bones of Amauna in the first room when you entered the dungeon? Then take out the Shadow jailor and take the key off him so you could release Mazzy. next get the Sun Gem (the diamond that glows) from the pedestalin the southern area. Next go back to the statue and answer the three Riddles or tests it gives you.
next uae the sun Gem to pass the first magic door
you'll soon have to fight a Lich and you'll meet
Ghosts give them Amaunas bones and they'll give you Shadow Dragon Wardstone next you'll come to a room with a bunch of letters on the floor if you step on the wrong letters you get torched so start at the far bottom right with the letter (A)
and then in order with one Character step from stone to stone A-M-U-N-A-T-O-R when you get to the other side you will find a cell with a prisoner kill him he's bad news and is more trouble than he is worth then search the cells for the third piece of the Symble of Amunator when you have the third piece they will combine on their own and then you will be able to open the door to the shadow Dragon He is Hostile so
get past him to fight the Shade Lord If you have the Shadow Dragon Wardstone you can pass the shadow Dragon unseen (the wimp way) or use it to get the jump on him and have everyone attack at once from here its up to you.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:44 PM   #9
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Kislahar:
Well, Thank you all for welcoming me!
I took the tests with the head, found out the answers the hard way, I just kept chosing until I got the right answer got flamestriked a couple of times [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've looked at the whole map, killed everything, and only have 2 pieces of the roundy thing, there is a statue which says it has it's hand out to hold something do I put something into it? (the statue where the bone golum was gaurding it) thanks again for any help [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Kislahar

OK, IIRC you need to have the bones of the child-priest on you (found in the area with the jail cells). Then, in the area south of the lava room some ghosts will give you something.

The statue with its hand out doesn't come into play until MUCH later in the game.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:50 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Sorry I forgot!!
WELCOME to the GREAT IRONWORKS FORUM