Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #101
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

in all honesty, I find it is easier to be friends with gay men, than it is with anyone else [img]smile.gif[/img] here is why....with a gay guy, you do not have to be something you are not to try and impress them. but most straight men, even if you have no intrest in them, tend to expect you to act like a lady :/ A gay guy will be honest with you, and care enough to say it with out hurting your feelings. where most straight men will be honest with you, but they do not care how they say it, just so long as they say it gay men also are just more fun to talk to. yes, I have alot of gay friends, both male and females, the females do not bother me either. they know I am married, and love my kids almost as much as I do [img]smile.gif[/img] anyways, that is just my two cents wirth, I know it made no sense really, but oh well [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 02:37 PM   #102
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
in all honesty, I find it is easier to be friends with gay men, than it is with anyone else [img]smile.gif[/img] here is why....with a gay guy, you do not have to be something you are not to try and impress them. but most straight men, even if you have no intrest in them, tend to expect you to act like a lady :/ A gay guy will be honest with you, and care enough to say it with out hurting your feelings. where most straight men will be honest with you, but they do not care how they say it, just so long as they say it gay men also are just more fun to talk to. yes, I have alot of gay friends, both male and females, the females do not bother me either. they know I am married, and love my kids almost as much as I do [img]smile.gif[/img] anyways, that is just my two cents wirth, I know it made no sense really, but oh well [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ahh, the lost art of being a sensitive heterosexual...I wish people would believe me when I say I am...but oh well, I'm much too shallow to stay bummed for long.

Anyway, if Mel remembers, I typed something to the effect of "well I'm hetero and still think you're funny, Dave," and to responds as to why I added that first part, I figured it was a part of myself that I hadn't mentioned on this thread...so, it was more a run-on sentence than anything else

Man, Dave_the_Quack, you're pretty cool! Oh, and since we have drifted quite a bit from the "getting to know you" topic...

I'd also describe myself as a sensitive, loner type...stuff gets to me pretty easily, so I just stay away from people for the most part.

OH AND DAVE, THE EYE PATCH WAS CREATED IN PAINT ...it's nothing, really...just keeps you all from seeing my MUTANT EYE!

[ 09-09-2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:51 PM   #103
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

hehe, Ilander, maybe one day I'll also admit to being sensitive and admit that stuff gets to me pretty easily too, but until then I'll continue with the Vask gruff, sarcastic exterior
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-09-2004, 03:00 PM   #104
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
hehe, Ilander, maybe one day I'll also admit to being sensitive and admit that stuff gets to me pretty easily too, but until then I'll continue with the Vask gruff, sarcastic exterior
You got a pretty good chuckle out of me on that one, Vaskie. Thanks for that!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:05 PM   #105
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I'll play. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm a 24-year-old student of English literature, living in Amsterdam. Looking for a student job on the side to pay the bills, no luck so far. Sing in a choir, love to cook, read, perform and listen to music, see movies and go to the pub. Have 7 novels to read for a course in Gothic literature, so I'm off now.
Lol, you know, by that description, you sound like you're quite similar to my sister. Like you, she studies English literature and your hobbies also remind me of her.

Since I'm posting in this thread, I might as well..

My name is Peeter. I am 15 years old and I live in Estonia. My hobbies are computergaming(evidently), drawing by pencil, watching anime and mountain skiing. I also occasionally play football. My goal is to learn the Japanese language and the most important parts of Japan's culture to live in there when I'm an adult. However, I'm still not sure what I should do once I get there. I'm thinking of becoming an English or Estonian or Japanese teacher somewhere, or something concerning Japanese and Estonian diplomacy. In my wildest dreams, I also think of myself as an anime director. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #106
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wow, this is a very interesting convo. I'm learning so much! lol. What's this "sensitive" thing, though? [img]tongue.gif[/img] And, poo, good on you, for hiding the mutant eye. That thing's freaky!!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:49 PM   #107
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Mel, as much as I love to cuss our li'l Gangrene here, I think you ARE being a bit harsh on him today (that's my job, biiiiiaaaatch! j/k about the b... )hehe
Thanks Vas... wait a minute! I couldn't have sunk this low! Quit feeling sorry for me damn it!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll agree with you though Vaskez, I'll admit to being senstive myself one day, when my pride ceases to exist

Oh, and good to meet you Dave, you have taught us all much in this thread, but I still don't think I'll ever watch Will and Grace [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kudos.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 PM   #108
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I won't even ASK what Will and Grace is ....sounds like something I don't want to know. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

dammit, I've just realised that I'm destined for that gay avatar that you've got Gang, and pretty soon too then again, this one isn't making me crap on my ankles with excitement either...
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-09-2004, 08:45 PM   #109
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
dammit, I've just realised that I'm destined for that gay avatar that you've got Gang, and pretty soon too then again, this one isn't making me crap on my ankles with excitement either...
I'm hoping to breeze through this one. I wouldn't mind the Elder Orbs avatar.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:20 PM   #110
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

LOL Ive taught people stuff? I was hoping to go for the "annoyingly open about everything" angle, but meh, Im down with the learning. Learning is fun...

LOL as for the hands down your pants comment... well... basically I was insinuating that it is very unlikely for a gay man to hit on a straight man. The reason being, as soon as a gay guy meets a straight guy, the straight guy feels the sudden urge to proclaim his heterosexuality... and why on earth would a gay guy hit on a straight guy when he knows there is no chance? Heh... I would use the "its the same as a guy hitting on a lesbian" line, but unfortunately, its a bad example cos guys love to hit on lesbians lol.

I just went to the dentist, got a filling done. I cant feel my cheek, and subsequently im chewing the hell out of it. Its fun right now... but im thinking im gonna regret it in the morning