Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #91
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
I think you are completely correct in this regard Vaskez, but I also think that my relationship with complete strangers (namely women) turns quickly into friendship due not ONLY to my being gay (which facinates many a female, its like they say "hrmm... we cant have this guy, that makes him all that more interesting") but due to my complete and utter lack of any shame lol.
Actually that's not how it works for me (the fascination part). Most of my friends are male AND heterosexual. The question whether I can "have" any guy is not a terribly important one to me (unless I do want him, of course) and it's not like gays are a challenge or something. I find it quite ridiculous to think like that. Many men are that way when it comes to lesbians though - they either think they'll convert the girl because of their supreme attractiveness (as IF) or hope to join in with her and her girlfriend. Sure, dream on.

Quote:

I HAVE NO SHAME. In all seriousness, I do find it harder to approach guys than girls. Just because I know guys are more likely to judge me I suppose. "oh hes gay, hes going to try to hit on me". When in reality, im FAAAAR out of their league [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol.
Yeah, that's another puzzler. Why do so many men hate to find out one of the people they know is gay, for fear of being "checked out" by them?? *I* certainly don't try to hit on every guy I know (as you say, I'm waaaay out of their league, LOL), as much as some of them would like that, so why do they always assume that gay men will go after everything with a third leg? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: whoo, triple whammy. Adrenaline rushing... man, I gotta lie down for a minute [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-09-2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #92
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Dave, I could give you his email address, maybe you could try and find out. [/QB]
Fo sho! LOL. Mel, tell me about YOURSELF. Pleeeeeeassse.

Vaskez, whered you go buddy? We need a good hetero male influence here [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ok, im on to respond to Mels other two posts lol!
Old 09-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #93
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Aren't you?
Simply put, no [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
No, that you attach way more importance to sexual preference than I do, whether subconsciously or not.
Not really, this is just my smartass humor you're witnessing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well Mel, I have to make my own assumptions about you, the only time you do talk to me is to make a joke, and that's about it
Old 09-09-2004, 10:58 AM   #94
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Well Mel, I have to make my own assumptions about you, the only time you do talk to me is to make a joke, and that's about it
Awww... you poor thing. I'll be sure to lavish heaps of attention on you from now on. I had no idea you were feeling quite so neglected... breaks my heart man.

Dave, what's to tell? I already introduced myself, and apart from what I said in that post I'm just really boring. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 10:59 AM   #95
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
quote:
Awww... you poor thing. I'll be sure to lavish heaps of attention on you from now on. I had no idea you were feeling quite so neglected... breaks my heart man.[/QUOTE]Do I detect sarcasm? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #96
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Actually that's not how it works for me (the fascination part). Most of my friends are male AND heterosexual. The question whether I can "have" any guy is not a terribly important one to me (unless I do want him, of course)
Well, it wasnt supposed to insinuate that these girls would want to "have" me, a lot just find me better to talk to because they feel comfortable knowing that I wont be hitting on them, or trying to get into their pants. Therefore they ease up, come over and talk to me. Another thing ive found is that guys who hang out with gays are looked upon in high regard (shows more mature etc? i dunno). This is just from personal experience though, and is totally open for debate.

Quote:
it's not like gays are a challenge or something. I find it quite ridiculous to think like that. Many men are that way when it comes to lesbians though - they either think they'll convert the girl because of their supreme attractiveness (as IF) or hope to join in with her and her girlfriend. Sure, dream on.
LOL believe it or not, the night I came out (just happened to be new years of 2002: picture me tanked off my tits at the 10 second countdown going "3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEARS! IM GAY!" then running off for 4 hours while the rest of my school group discussed what just happened lol! But thats another story for another time...) one of my girl friends approached me and said "so your gay, are you?" then proceeded to start kissing me. So, funnily enough, it does work the same way for gays as lesbians being hit on by men.. just not as often. But, as you put it.. DREAM ON GIRLS!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Yeah, that's another puzzler. Why do so many men hate to find out one of the people they know is gay, for fear of being "checked out" by them?? *I* certainly don't try to hit on every guy I know (as you say, I'm waaaay out of their league, LOL), as much as some of them would like that, so why do they always assume that gay men will go after everything with a third leg? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I dont know. Guys are just insecure. Maybe they should be more worried if gay guys DONT check them out? In reality, I have found gays to have very VERY picky taste. Just look how good the guys off of Queer Eye come out after their makeover [img]tongue.gif[/img] It pees me off when I get hostility from a guy who gets too big for his boots, and I give him hostility in return. So hetero males of this forum, I put this to you... do NOT worry about gays hitting on you while talking to them, start worrying when they have hands down your pants. Youll find a lot of gay guys are very forward when it comes to this, and youll KNOW when they are hitting on you.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:11 AM   #97
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Alright alright, this thread has gone beyond my puny comprehension, talk to you some other time Mel.

My bed calls for me, later all.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #98
Melusine
Dracolisk

Cool post, I've found most of it to hold true here as well.

Gangrell... sarcasm is my middle name, and whatever rhymes with eloquent.
But of course I'm dead serious when I say that from now on I will stalk and pester you at every opportunity to pour my undivided attention all over you. That's not as dirty as it sounds. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway it's been a pleasure gentlemen but I really have to get back to transcribing this 17th century Dutch text... you haven't heard the worst part: I am actually looking forward to it.

Have a good one!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #99
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Bed time for me too... continue this discussion sometime at a later date (if we can be stuffed of course)?

Ni Ni.

G'luck with the Dutch text. Sounds riveting [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 12:25 PM   #100
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Before you all rush off....oops too late...anyway...

Mel, as much as I love to cuss our li'l Gangrene here, I think you ARE being a bit harsh on him today (that's my job, biiiiiaaaatch! j/k about the b... )hehe

Dave - I think you are somewhat correct - guys are insecure - I have thought the thoughts that you mention: when finding out that someone is gay, worrying that they might hit on me. I am generally quite insecure though anyway, and am usually genuinly surprised when a girl likes me (though in other things like arguing about rap and playing sports I'm far from insecure ). So you are saying guys should just relax since we will KNOW when a gay guy is hitting on us, right?

Quote:
do NOT worry about gays hitting on you while talking to them, start worrying when they have hands down your pants. Youll find a lot of gay guys are very forward when it comes to this, and youll KNOW when they are hitting on you.
if I did find a gay guy trying to venture anywhere NEAR my pants, I wouldn't start WORRYING, I would start PUNCHING and KICKING, lol.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray