Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2002, 06:00 PM   #11
Animal
Gold Dragon

My thoughts? If we are personally threatened deal with it now. If it's got nothing to do with us, let them take care of it themselves.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:42 PM   #12
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

in a way i agree with you animal but if we dont intervene who will? i cant believe saddam is still so liked by his people even after what happened 10 years ago. kinda sad there people we kept for prisoners where treated better than there own country treats them.with isreal and palestine i just dont understand that conflict, just dont get it. its like afhganistan trying to attack the USA. they are so sure that when they goto heaven or wherever they go they are going to be granted 70 virgins in their own little paradise, (quote from Jay Leno "how are they going to get 70 virgins in heaven when you cant even find 70 virgins on earth" (haha no pun intended)). i like how the middleeast threatened to cut of the oil supply as well. saw how long that lasted. to bad the UN sanctions control all free trade through them, maybe if they dont want to give out oil we dont give out food, hope they like the taste of oil. guess thats why the sauidis whent back on their word so fast. oh well ive typed long enough i might add more later
Old 05-12-2002, 07:23 PM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

being from Guantanamo Bay... I just think we should Carpet Bomb the Gaza Strip... Carpet bomb Iraq, and hell nuke the middle east all together, screw isreal, we created it and we can destroy it (as a political nation anyway)... Its just another of the many problems created by the WORST MAN in the HISTORY of the UNIVERSE: Harry Truman...

>_<
Old 05-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Well heres my thoughts about Saddam Hussain: Nuke em.

Heres my thoughts about Afghanistan problems: Resolve it soon.

Heres my thoughts about Israel and Palestine: It's finally getting resolved.
Sorry, no nukes anytime or anywhere. If we don't want other countries to have 'em, we should not even consider using them.

Mark
Old 05-12-2002, 08:40 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree with you Skywalker in some sense. I would love to live in a world where there were no Nukes anywhere (100% certainty). But if we stopped making nukes, how do we really know if other countries are not secretly making them, underground and/or undectable by anyone. They could develop these weapons and then bomb anyone, and not have any fear of a same retaliation (if everyone pledged to dispose of all Nukes I mean). I think the fact that no country, none of us, really know what nuclear weapon is where on this planet, and that, I think, in some ways keeps everyone holding back from using them. Of course that is using the theory that most people don't want to attack knowing they will be killed, but suicide attackers think differently I reckon. Again, I hate Nukes and wish they were NEVER invented, wish this planet could truly be rid of them. Trust for eachother by all countries just ain't gonna happen, maybe if a device was invented that could detect nuclear weapons, and could scan the entire globe, so facts were there to override distrust, that might work. Dunno..

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-12-2002, 08:42 PM   #16
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

If this is about the Isreal/Palesine thing I say arm both sides with the best NON NUCLEAR weapons and small arms and let them kill each other!! I think the rest of the world should mind its own buisness. If you dont live in the Israel or Palestine and you dont have any family living there then what goes on there is none of your concern. As far as I know , and I could be wrong, the war between thoes 2 countries has been going on since the dawn of time, or at least since a bunch of guilt tripped do godders created Isreal.So lets all just praise god and pass the amunition!!
Old 05-12-2002, 08:52 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
If this is about the Isreal/Palesine thing I say arm both sides with the best NON NUCLEAR weapons and small arms and let them kill each other!! I think the rest of the world should mind its own buisness. If you dont live in the Israel or Palestine and you dont have any family living there then what goes on there is none of your concern. As far as I know , and I could be wrong, the war between thoes 2 countries has been going on since the dawn of time, or at least since a bunch of guilt tripped do godders created Isreal.So lets all just praise god and pass the amunition!!
Well I have to agree that I feel a bit uncomfortable and nervous that things are still going. I thought we were going after Bin Laden, got no problems with that at all! But what are we (the U.S. I mean, like I have any influence, just live here) doing now? Why do we need to be in the middle of negotiations, sometimes I think the American presence might make things worse somehow, as it is not a one-on-one negotiation, more like a two on one, if that makes sense. Blah.. All I want is for everyone who is just innocent, us citizens, no matter what country we are from, to not be harmed because of all this turmoil going on. It's like we are all just sitting ducks watching things on TV, helpless to change anything. Sorry, but I don't think Protests really do much either [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-12-2002, 09:49 PM   #18
Catalina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Being from Scandinavia, which is, as we all know, far away from both middle-east and USA, it's interesting to see the thoughts and opinions from people world wide. It's also comforting to see this is a concern that matters for people. As of the war between palestinians and israelis I really don't know what to mean anymore.. Big tragedies are happening to both of the parts. Every day people are gettind killed or injured. Every day families are losing a loved one. It's just hate and rage growing bigger and bigger. Does anyone see an end to this?
Old 05-12-2002, 10:37 PM   #19
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Catalina:
Being from Scandinavia, which is, as we all know, far away from both middle-east and USA, it's interesting to see the thoughts and opinions from people world wide. It's also comforting to see this is a concern that matters for people. As of the war between palestinians and israelis I really don't know what to mean anymore.. Big tragedies are happening to both of the parts. Every day people are gettind killed or injured. Every day families are losing a loved one. It's just hate and rage growing bigger and bigger. Does anyone see an end to this?
I don't think we'll see an end anytime soon. Unfortunately, as is evident by many posts, many people (particularly Americans) appear to be indifferent and/or downright callous toward the plight of civilians in the region. 'NUKE 'EM ALL!' opinions seem to be disturbingly common throughout Western Nations. People are getting sick of hearing about the violence, and as a result all they can think of to do is add more violence to the bloodbath. The real tragedy is that it is mostly civilians that are bearing the brunt of military-minded diplomats. Actual violent killers within the armies (American, Israeli, Palestinian; they are all in the same boat) are able to hide behind arsenals of weapons and defended compounds at their disposal. It is the civilians that have no way to defend themselves, and they take the hits. No one is innocent in this conflict. And unfortunately, it would appear that world-power mentality on the part of American soldiers and diplomats is doing nothing to sooth the wounds.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:36 AM   #20
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Americans have killed hundreds of civilians in Afghanistan recently.

Americans have killed thousands of civilians in Baghdad.

What right has America to declare al-Qaeda killing thousands of civilians in New York as terrorism, when it will not even say sorry for the thousands of civilians it has killed in conflicts for decades.

Please people do not be blinded by Bush's "we were attacked without provocation and we are good and mighty etc." speeches.

This is not the way of the world. The ones which America killed in the middle east were poor helpless civilians. Sure some of them helped al-Qaeda, but most of them were poor farmers or tradespeople.

So believe that peace is the way of the future. Condem attacks of any sort, and STOP proclaiming America as the saviour of peace and harmony. :/
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas