Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2002, 01:13 PM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Found this little tidbit of information today: Global Internet Body Set for Showdown.

We may now all enjoy the increasing benefits offered by ICANN, an arbitrarily-appointed board that will one day cause as much paranoia as the UN does now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Is good bed-time readings, maybe?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well from what i've heard the only person who can declare a total shut down of the internet is the President of the United states, theres a little switch in his desk that cuts the main servers off in New York, hoo boy... The resulting effect causes a shockwave which distorts all traffic and destroys approximatley 80 billion in money being traded and makes it all vanish. Servers however are, of course, continued but without any means to communitcate with the outside world the memory stored would be worthless. As for the new domain names being created... i could care less... though I wouldnt mind seeing some .Ian adresses YES that's right! Approx. 2% of the net should be named for me MWUAHAHA ... err no... lol... Game Sites and Networks need their own... .GAM or something adresses... as for the new "kids net" i think its awful! Then you won't be able to visit BBAs like Ironworks from school! and ... all there weould be would be namby-pamby kids sites! YEARK! What if a little tyke needs to get some Pr0n! Ya hafta' feel sorry for him! ... slightly...

and thats another thing... what about .ms for all microsoft owned sites... OH my bad that would be all of them...

ah whatever...
I'm sure that whatever comes from thsi wil be so god awful that we will regret the day the Net was forged...