Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-11-2000, 02:49 PM   #1
Kenwyn

I've used the create character trick to increase my gold so $$$ are not a problem. I do have the following questions though.

1) Is there any disadvantage to creating party members that are immediately eligible for training to elite roles? I'm starting with a Barbarian, Sumurai, 2 Warlocks, a Monk and a Paladin.

2) Is there any reason to start with a Rogue since a Barbarian can learn thieving skills?

3) This is probably dumb but how do you actually become a Barbarian, Warlock, etc. after you go into training? Do you need to complete a special quest? If so, where do you get the quest?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 10-11-2000, 03:18 PM   #2
Delmax

Each guild will tell you how to complete the proper quest...i'll leave that for you to explore on a per guild basis..

As to going to elite classes right away..I would not do it..
You'll loose out on free hitpoints..and ability points..if you do it right..

You can't become a ninja, samuari, or bard until you hit town 2..I can assure you on this...since the required quest..require you to have the ability to enter certain areas around town 2..

I find it strange..that you know what skills a barbarian gets..without knowing how to complete the quest?
Also..just because barbarian gets cross-over skills..you are going to miss out on rogue specific..and rogue only skills..if you do this..
(Rat's get gold digger..you can't pass up on this combination with a rogue..You won't get any good loot from treasure chests...)
Rogue Rat = essential (In my honest opinion...period)

don't take the quick and easy path..you'll just end up screwing yourself over..

Old 10-11-2000, 05:02 PM   #3
Freak

What are the rogue specifc skills? So far I found 0 so I restarted with a Rat Barbaian that I turned into an ninja and assassin further down the road