Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #11
The Fallen One
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
good job! im surprised they were able to trace it in the first place.
not that hard, since the hackers just distribute the source code, its easy to be able to track them through their ip adress XD (dumbass hackers lol)
Old 06-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #12
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Here's another Link just to verify.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #13
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

The game industry is suffering from the same fate as the music industry. Overpricing and psuedo-monopolies. $20 per music CD and $50 per game. The problem with games is that a great many of them suck! Cookie cutter code garbage! They look different on the outside, but are basically the same flavor. I have about a 50% "sucks" rate for games I buy without checking reviews first. And now most decent review sites want a membership fee.

I'm not saying that makes piracy right, but it does make it worse. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm buying less music and less games than I have in my entire life because of my disgust with the industry!
Old 06-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #14
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Imagine if everyone in that plays computer games actually tried to track down every single case like this. There'd be no escape. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:03 PM   #15
The Fallen One
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
Imagine if everyone in that plays computer games actually tried to track down every single case like this. There'd be no escape. [img]smile.gif[/img]
most of the people arent smart enough