Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 02:13 PM   #1
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

http://news.excite.com/news/r/010910/07/odd-roadrage-dc

a man recieved a 1050 year prison sentence in a road rage case.
and he didnt even kill anybody.
So calm down out there...

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 09-10-2001, 02:16 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Stuff. That's pretty hefty.

Road rage is for the weak minded.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-10-2001, 02:17 PM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There's a lot of them out there.... especially impatient ones...
though I did find myself very annoyed when someone honks at me by the second the light just turned green
Old 09-10-2001, 02:32 PM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

They'll let him out in five years for "Good behavior" or whatever you call it in english :/
At least, thats how you do it in sweden.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-10-2001, 02:38 PM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
They'll let him out in five years for "Good behavior" or whatever you call it in english :/
At least, thats how you do it in sweden.
Yep, that's what they call it here, too. And it's just as much of a joke.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-10-2001, 02:53 PM   #6
MagiK

was that 1050 years or 10-50 years??? if he dies after 100 years and comes back from the dead, does he have to go back to prison untill the full eon + 50 has passed?

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-10-2001, 02:56 PM   #7
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
was that 1050 years or 10-50 years??? if he dies after 100 years and comes back from the dead, does he have to go back to prison untill the full eon + 50 has passed?

Yes, he does. Just like the guy they just sentenced to 400 years in prison for 20+ counts of child molestation. This guy, though, they are going to put on life support systems to keep him in jail the full 400 years.

------------------

Old 09-10-2001, 03:01 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

An eighteen-year-old young man was shot in the head while traveling on the Central Expressway (US 75) in Dallas Saturday (Sept 8) in an obvious case of road rage. No one has been caught yet, although there are leads that the police are following. All I know is that a young man is dead, and that he is only one of hundreds who will die in similar situations this year.

When will the madness end? It is heartbreaking.

Here is an article on the story:
http://www.msnbc.com/local/KXAS/NBCDQTI3GRC.asp

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 03:09 PM   #9
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
An eighteen-year-old young man was shot in the head while traveling on the Central Expressway (US 75) in Dallas Saturday (Sept 8) in an obvious case of road rage. No one has been caught yet, although there are leads that the police are following. All I know is that a young man is dead, and that he is only one of hundreds who will die in similar situations this year.

When will the madness end? It is heartbreaking.

Here is an article on the story:
http://www.msnbc.com/local/KXAS/NBCDQTI3GRC.asp
Heartbreaking, true. And scary. My husband and I were minding our own business on our way home one day when this maniac came up on our back bumper. We were doing the speed limit: 45. He got so close to us several times that I knew he was going to hit us. He was driving a big, old truck and we drive a little Pontiac Sunfire. But my husband wouldn't be intimidated into speeding. Finally, there was a short passing zone and the guy flew past us AND flipped us off! Then he went up the road "a short piece" (country for about 1/2 a mile for those who may not know) and PULLED OVER - IN FRONT OF A CHURCH!!!. He got out and was flailing his arms at us and cussing at us to pull over! Well, we didn't pull over, needless to say. He got BACK behind us and started tailgaiting again. We decided, instead of going home, we would continue on to the end of the road we were on and go back into town to the police station. If he was stupid enough to follow us, he'd back off there. I got on my cell phone and dialed 9-1-1. He saw me on the phone because I turned around to look at his truck. While on with 9-1-1, they told me HE was on HIS cell phone complaining about OUR driving! Fortunately, once we got to the stop sign at the end of the road, he went the other way (by passing us on the right AT the stop sign and nearly knocking the stop sign down!). We waited a few minutes and I concluded with the 9-1-1 operator. Then we turned around and went home. These people are NUTS!

------------------

Old 09-10-2001, 03:42 PM   #10
Conan

Traffic gets so snarled up here in the DC metropolitain area its projections are almost the number one spot for "in car" travel time during peak hours. I personally ride the bus to the Metro saving my sanity. I have almost been hit walking to the Metro! Just last week the pedestrian walk sign turned white for walking..so I looked both ways, nothing. by the time I got half way across the turning lane people sped through the intersection and almost hit me! When I pointed to the walk sign the first lady started cussing and honking at me! I almost lost my cool but just laughed it off. All the people did was get 20 feet up the road only to stop anyway. Imagine if I was to have walked up and knocked on her window and asked her why it almost cost my legs to get 20 feet up the road...deciding a long time ago that its not worth it..I dont do things like that. Its like a big road rage here What about that guy who threw the doggie out into traffic...there are alot of time bomb drivers out here. It seems like they all get behind me or in front of me somehow. Oh how I miss driving country roads. Where all you see is wildlife and nice people waving at you when you drive by.
Sorry for going off the handle SlackerBoy. I say invest more tax dollars into getting all these daily commuters off the road somehow. More access to public transportation,work at home stations,defferd(sp) tax dollars to promote public transportation,heavy fines for road rage offenders.Public beatings...well, just a thought.

------------------
*\Conan/*