Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 05:56 PM   #31
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well no, i dont know where you can anymore. at least not specifically. but i CAN send it to you through e-mail, if you wish. and i was also severly disappointed by the watered-down PC version music, or at least One Winged Angel.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:02 PM   #32
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Pah - wimps the lot of you!!!!

I own the original 12" vinyl (remember that ) single of Motorhead amongst their other stuff and have seen them live three times. I tell you, any band that can add a bit of class to the farcical posturing that passes for "Sports Entertainment" of the WWF (via the HHH entry music) deserves our respect

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 06:02 PM   #33
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well no, i dont know where you can anymore. at least not specifically. but i CAN send it to you through e-mail, if you wish. and i was also severly disappointed by the watered-down PC version music, or at least One Winged Angel.
I'm downloading it now. Sounds pretty cool.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-07-2001, 06:07 PM   #34
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Yeah, if it'll fit in your output limit then go for it. Thanks. Milamber, where are you downloading it from?

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 09-07-2001, 06:09 PM   #35
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Found it a bunch of times on morpheus. It's also on limewire and bearshare.

*not that I condone or even admit to downloading illgotten music or software on the internet*

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-07-2001, 06:54 PM   #36
Istaron
Banned User

Well... just now, I am trying to learn how to play the gituarr, so heroes like Yngwie Malmsteen is high on my list now. I also like Iron Maiden and Metallica.
Though, Mozart will always be #1 to me.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-07-2001, 07:01 PM   #37
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Well... just now, I am trying to learn how to play the gituarr, so heroes like Yngwie Malmsteen is high on my list now. I also like Iron Maiden and Metallica.
Though, Mozart will always be #1 to me.

I play as well. Yngwie is phenomenal. I think the true master though is Erik Johnson. His right hand technique is amazing. Yngwie uses mostly taps, where erik is actually using a pick and finger picking at the same time!! Very difficult.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-07-2001, 09:09 PM   #38
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellhammer:
how bout deftones, ranger?
There alright, not my favorit, White Pony was a cool album though

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-07-2001, 09:44 PM   #39
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Oh boy, where to start?

I'm very eclectic. My parents raised me to appreciate EVERYTHING. Where music is concerned, I grew up listening to The Doors, Rolling Stones (Paint it Black rocks!), Steppenwolf and Iron Butterfly (if you've never heard Inna Godda Davida - get a copy and listen to it - preferably over stereo headphones! It's better than doing drugs! You get a "fuzzy" feeling without doing anything illegal or harmful - except maybe to your ears!). Also, 50's rock-&-roll and classical music are great. My three faves for classical: Wagner (very powerful stuff), Mozart and Tchaikovsky are close behind.

I went through a country "stage" and my heavy metal/hard rock stage (picture a 32 year old "head banging" down the highway to Metallica, AC/DC or ZZ Top!) I then fell in to rap and hip-hop (mid-to-late twenties). Now, I like ALL music.

I think everyone should learn to play at least one instrument. It gives you a better perspective on any music style you listen to because it gives you an idea of the effort involved to produce the music (IMOH). I, myself, taught myself to play the piano when I was six and the guitar when I was 10. It makes you especially mindful when listening to classical.

It's so refreshing to see the "younger" generation interested in more than just mindless screaming and garble (although, I myself like a little "mindless screaming and garble" now and again - God rest Cobain's tortured soul).

Y'all keep up the good work now, heauh?

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 10:55 PM   #40
Moni

I was weaned on rock & roll and introduced to classical in elementary school.
I love them both, but with the rock, I do like the new music that comes out as opposed to hanging on to the oldies for dear life so that I can feel nostalgic.
I do feel nostalgia with certain songs from the sixties and seventies, but I'll normally take alternative or classical over my oldies anyday of the week.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!