Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 07:51 AM   #31
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

HI onthepequod & Moridin and all my other fellow Minnesotans out there, from here in the already colder-than-is-fair north. Long time no see! Glad to see/hear you're well.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 09-09-2001).]
Old 09-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #32
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Too funny onthepequod!
I am laughing almost too hard to type!
We should make society use the correct terms shouldn't we? I don't think it is fixing them myself, even though I am conditioned to using that term for the procedure.
Most shocking to me was going in to the vets for the first time with Boo to make an appointment to get him "neutered" only to have the recptionist hand me an appointment card with a smile and say, "OK! Don't let him eat after 6 p.m. the night before his appointment date and get him in by 8 a.m. the next morning to be castrated!" Another proper term of course but "neutered" sounds so much less severe!
Hercules seems to be taking it all too well...it has not slowed him down one bit! He poked his head through the cat door and stole one of my sandals LOL. Lucky for him they were the cheap ones.

First it's a sandal next it'll be the tires on your truck. You had better nip that habit in the bud.

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 03:50 PM   #33
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
OTP! *bat bat* You have been absent too long my friend! My flutter-stalking skills are rusty!

I love hearing updates on your little one.Before we know it he'll be at the keyboard typing us messages: "HELP, they won't let me have my PC Weekly til I eat my strained carrots!" or perhaps "Would you all talk sense into daddy? He says I'm not allowed to use the table saw til I can reach the table without a chair! Humph, Parents! "

Speaking of saws.. done any woodworking lately? I need a custom cabinet/hutch unit for my kitchen.. you work on commission? LOL

I'm busy deciding which room needs cleaning most so I can then contemplate whether or not to do anything about it. Also learning more about the gentleman who has entered my life with a pretty big impact and may turn things upside down not too long from now... you guys sure do like to do that, don't you?! Now, if he just lived in MN all I'd have to worry about is your horrendous weather, as you aren't so far away from me as he is, clear across the country and all.

KDog! Moridin! Sounds like you all get pretty nasty weather! We've had a few tornados go through my neighborhood. Hope your fall weather is a bit less tempestuous.

Cloudy

Funny you should ask. I'm just finishing up a 6 panel door I've made from scratch. Hwoever, my progress is probably far to slow for your taste. Not to mention my backlog is far too long.

Hmmmm.....a gentleman in your life........hmmmmm.......the all knowing Pequod thinks the gentleman may live in Idaho........am I right?......hmmmmm.......and I also think that his name is.........maybe I had better keep that one to myself.

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 03:53 PM   #34
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
HI onthepequod & Moridin and all my other fellow Minnesotans out there, from here in the already colder-than-is-fair north. Long time no see! Glad to see/hear you're well.

Good to see you again Bilqis!

You'ld better batten down the hatches up there. Winter is on its way.

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 05:43 PM   #35
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
First it's a sandal next it'll be the tires on your truck. You had better nip that habit in the bud.

LOL nope, first it was the sandal, then it was the weight bench!
How do I break him of chewing when it is his favorite past-time? He and Zip will lay on the ground and chew at each other's face for play LOL.
What do I do?

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-09-2001, 05:57 PM   #36
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Funny you should ask. I'm just finishing up a 6 panel door I've made from scratch. Hwoever, my progress is probably far to slow for your taste. Not to mention my backlog is far too long.

Hmmmm.....a gentleman in your life........hmmmmm.......the all knowing Pequod thinks the gentleman may live in Idaho........am I right?......hmmmmm.......and I also think that his name is.........maybe I had better keep that one to myself.

LOL Right as always, oh all knowing sinking ship! Idaho it is. Now, how about we invert our states' positions and I'll be closer by a small amount?

6 panel, impressive! *flutter flutter* You SURE you don't want to help make my cabinet/hutch combo?! I'm betting you are pretty darned busy these days what with the baby and all !

Bilqis! You must be getting out the snowshovels and salt by now! teehee! How far north are you, btw?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-09-2001, 11:38 PM   #37
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
LOL Right as always, oh all knowing sinking ship! Idaho it is. Now, how about we invert our states' positions and I'll be closer by a small amount?

I know who it is. Iknow who it is. Then again...maybe everone else does too. Hey, if your really nice to me I'll tell you where he should take you when you go to visit. Although from a very brief discussion with him I bet he already has some great ideas. Idaho is my home state. I grew up in Boise and Nampa is just a ten minute drvie from there.

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 11:40 PM   #38
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:

Bilqis! You must be getting out the snowshovels and salt by now! teehee! How far north are you, btw?

Cloudy

BTW, Cloudy, in Minnesota that's not funny!

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 05:57 PM   #39
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

Cloudy
onthepequod is right .. that isn't funny.

Actually, temps today are in the low 60s and cloudy, and it looks like it's going to stay cold. Leaves are changing quickly too. Dang! Why DO I live here??

How far north? I don't know the lattitude and longitude.. but I'm almost 5 hours north of the twin cities, 2 hours south of the Canadian border(Ontario/Manitoba). I know I'm further north than you are Cloudy ... and we are often in the path of the same cold fronts that Alaska gets.

uh... did that answer your question?

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:12 PM   #40
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

No, no share, I don't know who it is....but of course it is not my business just wanted to share in the jubilation and joy that Cloudy must be feeling...please, please....ok I have an idea of who it might be

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!