Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Default Question on rerolling..

Well throughout all my alts, i begin to wonder whether the race i chose was the best choice...

Is it really worth rerolling a character based on race, or is it all about the player behind the keyboard?

I'm having second thoughts on my Blood Elf priestess, though she is hot, the bible teaches her of... other ways of fun.

Anyways is it worth it rerolling my 38 BE priest for a UD one? (TBH i find priests really fun to play)

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM

Last edited by burnzey boi; 02-03-2008 at 01:48 PM.
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Question on rerolling..

Not really, considering wotf can be subbed at least somewhat by the fact that priests get fear ward now. Sure, it doesn't break seduce but hey. It's all up to you mate, if you are trying to make the ultimate pvp priest then UD would be your best bet. It depends on how important powergaming is to you, as opposed to feeling good about your chosen race. I run with a BE hunter currently, and despite the fact that Orc would have been a superior choice racially for a hunter, I wanted a BE for raiding simply because of the appearance. Don't regret it either as te difference is still minimal.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

IMO, no, or Ingaork would exist, which he doesn't. (Racial trinket ftw for dps caster.)
Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Based on appeareance, BE priest look nicer, UD priest have bones sticking out of their robes/skirt.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Its not just WotF, devouring plague is an additional racial ability which aids in dps.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 02-05-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah DP is great, it heals you also remember. I forgot about it because my UD priest has it for so long that I associate it with the shadow tree instead of the UD race and couldn't imagine life without it. It is a great (free) ability but again it's totally your call. Like mentioned above, if you can deal with seeing your spine stick out of your cloak and robes, your pants being reduces to tatters, and virtually no shoes then go for it .
Old 02-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Yeah DP is great, it heals you also remember. I forgot about it because my UD priest has it for so long that I associate it with the shadow tree instead of the UD race and couldn't imagine life without it. It is a great (free) ability but again it's totally your call. Like mentioned above, if you can deal with seeing your spine stick out of your cloak and robes, your pants being reduces to tatters, and virtually no shoes then go for it .
But thats what makes UD soo cool UD look pretty cool in robes..

Nah the only thing keeping me from rerolling is the fact that priests are the biggest pain in the ass to level from what ive experienced. Unless you are bulk spirit, killing one mob is like half your mana gone. Priests in pvp is fun though, a dot, nuke, channelled effect and you can throw in the odd heal to keep yourself from hitting the dirt...

I was also thinking about rerolling my female BE 65 paladin to be male, just for the better fight animation. 2 hander is fine but 1 hander weapons just look weird.

OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 02-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I thought i might post a picture of her taken like.. ages ago. (Account has been expired AGAIN for quite some time)

OM NOM NOM NOM

Last edited by burnzey boi; 02-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnzey boi View Post
Priests in pvp is fun though, a dot, nuke, channelled effect and you can throw in the odd heal to keep yourself from hitting the dirt...
Priests in pvp are fun if you're a rogue - stunlock and two shot! Nothing like seeing an angel appear over the field to show that a healer has bit the dust.

Quote:
I was also thinking about rerolling my female BE 65 paladin to be male, just for the better fight animation. 2 hander is fine but 1 hander weapons just look weird.
I didn't know that you could reroll male/female to switch your character gender after you'd started? How do you do this?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

He means reroll from scratch and start over, lol. If you have the time I mean...knock yourself out.