Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 04:55 PM   #11
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

my teams haven problems, i have high level xan becouse i never found someone to replace him. He knows all the monster summonings accept hes an enchanter and doesnt many offensive spells
---Phat--Assassin--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 04:56 PM   #12
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

my teams haven problems, i have high level xan becouse i never found someone to replace him. He knows all the monster summonings accept hes an enchanter and doesnt know many offensive spells. I was considering a bard like garrick or something but i dont know
Old 07-12-2001, 05:09 PM   #13
Gibdog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had Garrick for a little while after the Silke debacle. Very disappointed in him as 95% of the time he'd run away from a fight singing about how brave he was. I would avoid him.
Gibdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #14
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrylia:
I have myself (paladin), Branwen, Dynaheir,Minsc, Imoen, and Coran. Coran is a thief/fighter...great combo and necessary as I wanted to put Imoen on her mage path and so had to get a great thief! Coran is a fine fighter and a better thief then Imoen!
Heh, funny you should mention that. Just today I revisted the Cloakwood and picked up Coran (and dumped Imoen). You're right, Coran is an excellent fighter and thief, he makes a great member of the team.

Gibdog- Dualling Imoen is by no means necessary. I've only played the game right through to the end once before (a looooong time ago, I'm replaying it now) and that time i kept Imoen as a pure thief and Dynaheir as my spellcaster. Contrary to what others might say you only really need one spellcaster in your group to play the game successfully.

---Phat--Assassin--- Go to the Gnoll Stronghold in the deep south of your world map (bottom-left hand corner). Inside the stronghold within one of the body-pits you will find Dynaheir (you will have to walk down some spiral stairs into the pit itself to actually see Dynaheir. You can't see her from the top of the pit), arguably the best NPC spellcaster in the game (Edwin has 18 intelligence, but he's Evil and will ditch you if your reputation gets too high), especially if you are of Good alignment.

Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 11:05 AM   #15
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

ive already done that quest, but i think ill go back and nab her and minsc
Old 07-13-2001, 05:57 PM   #16
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Not sure if I made a big oops or not, but are you supposed to let the Mage at High Hedge live? After the chicken episode and buying some spells I picked him twice, went back for a third, got caught and ended up killing him in self defense. Did get 3000 Exp. for it though.

I usually try not to get too involved in people's choices for party members, since there are so many people with different playing styles, but I will answer this question for you. I'll put it quite simply. Outside of Sorcerous Sundries and Ulgoth's Beard (if you have TotSC) he is the only really good seller of magic spells and items, including:spoiler...
the robe of the archmagi, level 3 spells, Kazgaroth's items, etc...
Kormar the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote