Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2003, 06:14 PM   #1
Heatmiser
Dungeon Master

I finally finished the OC with my lvl 16 monk and Boddyknock as a henchman. Together we were quite tough to beat.
SPOILERS BELOW!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I was actually disappointed at how easy Klauth the Red Dragon was in Ch. 3. Here I was expecting the fight of the game, but I don't think he put a scratch on me. Granted, I didn't do much damage to him either- Boddyknock's Cone of Colds or Ice Storms- whatever- did most of the job.
Aribeth was easy but Maugrim gave me pause- I had to use a few Heal potions. I was set to fight Maugrim multiple times because of his flesh golems, but there may have been a mistake because he didn't respawn at all, I killed him and the two fleshies and was done(?) Well, it was into the source stone for me. I must say I was surprised by the two(!) guardian Dragons! By the time the Silver had killed Boddyknock, I was nearly done with the Copper. I did use a few Heals, but the Silver went down too. The only hard part with Morag's inner sanctum was that Boddyknock burned most of his spells on the first group of her chosen, so he didn't have much left for the final battle. Like the Conclusion to Ch. 1- no rest or teleport in the inner sanctum! So I buffed up with potions and went in. After getting killed once by the Guardian statue and another time by one of her summoned fighters, I finally did it. Smash the statue- kill the two summoned fighters- target the worshipper that Guards against blunt(monk's fists) then take Morag out easily. She even used time stop twice, but didn't seem to do much with the extra time it gave her.
Anyway, glad to be done at least on Normal, will try a harder level next time and of course, other characters. Next, though, I need to finish SoU with my Rogue/Ranger/Shadowdancer.
I would like to hear others' impressions of the final battle(s).
Old 09-10-2003, 07:03 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I didn't have any trouble with Klauth with my Lvl 18 Paladin, but Sharwyn kept getting killed, so I went and got Daelan and left her at the beer joint until I was through.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

THat's funny, its just so happens that my level 18 monk (17 monk and 1 shadowdancer *it was a mistake of quick mouse clicking but proved quite useful*)
finished the game much like yours...I like playing SOU with a character first then importing it to Neverwinter Nights, just following a kinda progression thing from being a student to being a City saviour, thus i am now finding it a bit easy with a level 14 wizard. Still getting killed by sneakattacking Bloodsailors! *blush shame*

Anyhow i'll keep you updated....