Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I was thinking lately (as I do, of course) that it would be interesting to play a guild game; one where you play a 6 member party who all begin as wizards or priests, for example. Bungleau suggested that a 6 member party, all of whom were rogues, would be a difficult game, at least at the start.

Has anyone ever played a 'guild' game? I just think it would be cool to roam around with a band of elven rangers or dwarven barbarians (assuming only one class transition).

Any thoughts? Anyone willing to give the 6 rogue party a try?

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-06-2003, 12:19 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

That sounds like an interesting new idea. That implies that you will only have your characters join one guild, so that they do not join the one or two other guilds they become eligible for joining when changing roles?

In my experience, I think the only character I could not live without is a rogue character adept in the art of lockpicking and pickpocketing. I think I could do without the healing abilities of a priest and the offensive spells of a wizard so long as I just had a rogue character.

In the first game of W&W I ever played I had only one member of each guild. That meant I had two characters who never joined a guild. Perhaps that is also a thought for a more challenging game?
Old 09-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Hmm, things that makes one tink!

In my experience with solo games, I start with a wizard. Two fold, gives two books of offensive spells, and the only one with spell-book of 'Stone'. Then I ascend to a fighter class, usually Babarian.
So, hence you would still cover most bases. Useful, and poweful spells, high hit points, and thieving abilities. Now, make them all Pixies, and then you'll have a party.

If I were to undertake this "Rogue" project, must I use 6 party members? I would prefer 1, but would consider 2 to apease the forum.

What Race?
No cheats what-so-ever, nor any hand-me-downs of any type!
From Rogue, what class is the allowed ascension?

I will consider..Send my thanks...

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:28 AM   #4
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Ninja or Bard, most likely

Sounds interesting?

How about a game with NO offensive magic?

Hmm?

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-09-2003, 07:19 AM   #5
Greidee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How about a game with only "Assisted Kills" He he
Greidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:04 AM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Well, the party has started.

I dumped the game, cleaned the registry, reloaded and went to the Inn.
Since I self declared no cheats, I did none of the many gold cheats.

Heres what we have.
Male, Ratlin Rogue. Named, just for this use "Guilder"
Currently level 5. Has just started the crypt maze.
The first night of play was all spent just clearing the set monsters at both gate areas. Last night we went to the grave yard and cleared it, and did the first run of the crypt.
This guy is weak, 13 STR, and max load of 57. So it's hard making a living when you can only carry 3-4 items before being weighted down.
Fighting skills consist of Bow @3, Sword @ 3, darn how it hurts not to have ranged magic.
Skills are ok, can pick level 2 locks, and has managed to steal a item from 2 different NPCs, and 1 or 2 during monster combat.

Tonight, finish the crypt.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Ok, shew. Made it to Isha-Nha.

It is easier to run a 2nd level wizard than to keep a 6th level rogue alive.
Anyhow, made it through the crypt, and out the creek to the shores of Isha-Nha.

What is the ascension that we deceided on? Bard does state "master thief" in it's introduction. Ninja states "Master of the Night", they both get Moon magic, however the Ninja makes a series warrior. Bard makes for a muscian.

Currently at level 10, 39 HP, just over 2500gp in the bank.

Hopefully, next session will bring the ascension, and more exploring. I must admit, without the gold cheat, and all of the guilds to work at, this game can be quiet challenging.

Felix

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-11-2003, 10:37 PM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I can't wait until you meet the salads....

With only a few fire bombs and some arrows..... That should make for some entertainment!

Good luck, Felix,

Moiraine Sedai