Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

hi to everyone out there i have got hold of the wizards game cheap enjoy it heaps working out with out to many dramas but my problem is when i go to get into the crypt and use the lever my whole system freezes the same happens when i get to any part of the game where i have to wait for the next section to load up its driving me nuts can anybody help me out thanks sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, sagtattman. May the only other crashing you hear be your enemies swords glancing helplessly off your shields.

As for your problem... we need more info. Specifically...

... what operating system are you running? Service packs?

... what version of DirectX?

... what kind of video card? Are the drivers current?

... what were you doing during the night of the falling stars?

... have you defragged recently?

... have you turned off other nonessential background programs?

... have you tried or applied the patch?

That gives us a starting point to give you some ideas. Whatever the OS, W&W can run... we've seen it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Give more info back, and we'll get you going.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

I would especially be interested in your OS and your swap file size. First of all run a defrag. Then shut down all applications that isn't needed (in win 98 that's everything but 'systray' and 'explorer'). Also check your swap size, it should at least be 300Mb. [img]smile.gif[/img] Then update both your video and your sound drivers.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Not my line of expertise, I am afraid. But I just thought I would use the opportunity to welcome you to the board in any case. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 10:09 PM   #5
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks every body for your welcome and your help i discoverd a bug in my system and nuked the sucker defraged and everything is running cool now . so on goes the game im only new to this but having great fun now that its all up and running justworking out of ishad n ah and its going good so thanks for all your help sagtattman oh by the way im running windows 98
Old 08-25-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad to hear it's working. And I run Win98 as well [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Keep us posted on how your game is going. We like it when someone else comes over to the dark side....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:39 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, sagtattman!!!

I'm glad to hear that your problem has been solved and you are happily playing W&W! Do keep us posted on how your game is going!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

So what bug are you talking about? It would be interesting to know if a similar problem should arise. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm glad your game is working fine. Win 98 is the best OS to play W&W on. Even I heve that at the moment, at least until my Windows XP CD is returning from Microsoft... You pay for another license and Microsoft still locks your computer when you try to update. Ah well I'm getting a new CD and I don't have to pay a thing...
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #9
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks again everybody it good to be able to chat again .i thought i was going a bit nuts trying to get on to the forum and i thought somethingwas wrong with my system cause i couldnt get on here for a while .sorry to here about all the hassles you have had ,glad to see it got sorted. willowIX i dont know what bug it was but i stated to remove each program and download one by one until i could at least run my scan disc and then my defrag the last thing i deleted was win 32 dont know where it came from but it took out moe money maker and freed up the whole system im pretty new to all this computer stuff so i dont know if that means any thing to you. im having fun with wizards but is there any protection from the poision that im getting hit with in the snake temple or do ihave to keep buying cure potion if any one can it would be great thanks sagtattman