Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-27-2000, 11:43 AM   #1
Demonskull

First of all, thx for the help during my last problem. Unfortunately I couldn't play more than 30
minutes without getting even more trouble. Has anyone encountered the "Amazoni Mantrap" Enemies?

I can easily stand the other monsters on the path to shurugeon castle, but my encounter with those
giant plants always ends up the same... after 10 seconds... how can u fight them effectively? Or are these
uniqe enemies who only appear once and play a role in a quest?

thx,
DemonS

Old 11-27-2000, 11:47 AM   #2
Kore'tha-Konkoror

Do what I did. Scout for em, look around while walking. Then get close enough to alert them to your presence. Then keep backing away from them while bombarding them with spells Ice Blast, Raven, and Flamestrike. Voila, Sauteyed mantrap.

Old 11-27-2000, 10:14 PM   #3
xenotoca

I only ever encountered 4 others recon there are more. Similar plants in booger cave. Do not head back to town as they follow you and hang around the gate which has caused several players a problem. Only venture out in daylight until you have killed thes suckers. Your ranged spells (fire is best) will hit them whilst out of range of theirs. There are several places were you can get through (not on horse) that they cannot and when trapped like this are easy meat. The drawbrige at Shruggen is were i took my stand/

Good Luck of course you may get the weedkiller spell and shrivel them

Old 11-27-2000, 11:03 PM   #4
tritone

Advance towards Shurugeon Castle from its north-eastern flank. You should meet a bunch of ratlings. At this point, you can pause to slay a few of them, but bear in mind that the Amazoni mantraps will spawn behind you and approach very soon.

Now, run towards the moat and turn to your right. This means you should now be heading towards the northern face of the castle, where the drawbridge is. Swim across the moat and stay near the main drawbridge and a 2nd bridge nearby.

Around this point, at least for me, the mantraps will stop at a distance near the treeline and do nothing. You will probably be annoyed by a few surviving ratlings and some lagoon piranhas.... but now's your chance to make Amazoni Mantrap salad.

Adjust yourself so that you can blast the mantraps with spells from a distance while the mantraps do not retaliate. Use Sun spells - I found Dragon Breath and Flamestrike very effective. Don't bother with Force of Mind, Locust Swarm and the like.

I killed all four of them without taking a single hit like this! And in between spells, I was picking up arrows, knives and shuriken from the stupid rats!

Old 11-28-2000, 10:03 AM   #5
Demonskull

Thanks for the detailed help.

Well, getting them somewhere together makes it REALLY easy. They were all gone with one firestorm spell. I just considered magic ineffective in general because they were unaffected by stone, vine, spirit and moon spells....

thx,
DemonS