Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 11:33 PM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Oz:
If you are a mage i don't think you can add more than one porf point into a wepon or wepon style... Maybe it's just me but i prefer non-dualclassed chars... they gain their respective skills far faster.

Dude, go get Anomen. He is a very good example of a Dualled Fighter->Cleric.

Now, pure Clerics can only have 1* in any of their weapons right? However... Anomen dualled from a Fighter, so he can put 5* in any of his Clerical weapons.

This applies to Fighter->Mages too, and by the way, Kensai->Mages can wear robes.
Old 11-24-2001, 07:47 AM   #22
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so is the celestial fury a scimitar?
Also once my mage has caught up with the fighter level, can I then use the proficiences i get when gaining mage levels on any of the fighter weapons, even if i initially had no points in them before dual classing, and take them up to GM level? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/1drowndead.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 08:23 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Celestial Fury is a Katana.

Ironically, when I first found it, I felt it was useless and sold it. Cute huh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 08:36 AM   #24
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If I play through bg 1 and TotSC, i can't put my proficiences into katana, two weapon style etc., so when i then start SoA, do I get to reallocate all my proficiency points to what ever I like, or have the points i've put into say blunt weapons got to go into maces or hammers. Know what I mean? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 08:44 AM   #25
Evil Dead Raven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you get to relocate them.
Old 11-24-2001, 08:55 AM   #26
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cool. I think i am set on my course then, fighter through BG1 and TotSC, max out on HP and tomes to increase stats, then import to SoA, reallocate to katanas, dualweilding, hammer and maybe a long or bastard sword, change to Kensai kit, wait till 13 level, then dual to mage. I guess this isn't really very original, but it sounds eversomuch fun, and i get to continue a character all the way through the lot to ToB. Good idea? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]