Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 08:33 AM   #11
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The key to Melf's Minute Meteors is for your mage to dual wield weapons, since after the spell is casted the magic stones will appear as the main hand weapon. But as you throw the stones, if you have another weapon in off-hand, eventhough the off-hand weapon is a melee weapon, as the stones strike as range weapon so will the weapon in your off-hand. Imagine the off-hand weapon is Crom Faeyr for fighter/mage.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 09:08 AM   #12
Mordenkainen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah +3 weapons do work but they only do around 3 damage,thats the problem!
CHRiS
Old 06-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not too sure about this, but try Ring of Energy and Ring of the Ram.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-13-2001, 09:54 AM   #14
Bristowe
Elminster

Trouble with adamantite golems? Do you play with a cleric in the party at all? A way ive found that works effectively and has little danger to your cleric is to cast blade barrier and then cast sanctuary then stad next to the golems in question, they'll eventually die (you may have to do this a coupla times tho for iron and adamantite golems). this also works with almost every enemy in the game EXCEPT dragons and that bastard kangaxx ((kangaxx can see you))...

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"
Old 06-13-2001, 10:39 AM   #15
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

I always found that skeleton warriors work well on em. I'd raise 2 send em in(they can hit the golem) then use MMM behind em. Also...I found that my staff of the magi did alot of damage to them.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:42 AM   #16
Ravashack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Weapon-wise, keep an eye on that Rod of Smiting and Crom Faeyr...
Old 06-13-2001, 11:40 AM   #17
demus
Manshoon

Here you all are suggesting melee weapons, when the easiest way to kill them is ranged weapons . Try the Azure Edge or Tansherons Bow (s/p) (both obtainable early on). Just get the adamantium golem stuck, then lay into him with either (or both) of the above weapons, and down he goes, nice and easy .

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame

Also know as Aqua Fluffy, the Fluffy of Water
Old 06-13-2001, 04:57 PM   #18
Encard
Quintesson

Wierd... I can just hack through them without too much trouble... Then again, I am awesome... shrug. Easiest way, as was posted already, is to sit back and pound it with a bow (Tasheron's or Gesen's Bow is suggested). THis should be done when it can't get to you to hurt you.

------------------
Bow down to the RaBid Fruit Trees!!! DEAT!
Old 06-14-2001, 02:46 AM   #19
Volourn
Manshoon

Missle weapons? Bah, Ij ust walk in there in take the sixty or so points of damage. Afterwards,I just regenerate the damage it caused! Takethat you damn adamantite golems!!!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-14-2001, 03:07 AM   #20
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Azureedge was the best weapon for me against Adamantite Golems, especially early in the game when you havent gotten some of the other candy in the game. It truly rocks against them.