Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #41
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Cloudy,
I bet a call to the cops would fix that. I have a feeling that if the cops show up and knock on the door your neighbors will pay more attention to not letting the doggy bark all night.

Besides, it's WAY too cold for that pooch to be out there, that's probably why the poor thing's barking. Thinking of that, I'd say call your local humane society and file a complaint.

[ 03-09-2004, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 03-09-2004, 12:23 PM   #42
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just shoot the damn dog, works as a charm.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #43
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

*makes note to self to send johnny's quote to mysti who I'm sure will smack him around in the Casbah when she hears it*

*makes another note to sell tickets to this event as a way to make some extra cash*

[ 03-09-2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 03-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #44
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
*makes notes to shoot Mysti too if she dares to raise her hand against the master*
Old 03-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #45
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

All you can reasonably do, Cloudy is take it up with the owner. A phone call at 3 a.m. to the tune of "Do you want to shoot your dog, or shall I?" should do it. Well, it would at least get the feud started.

My parents have the same problem at their house. Two big dogs on each side of them and barely 1/4 acre in between. It can really get loud, but they spoke with the neighbors and addressed it. The one still causes some problems, though.

I can't blame the poor dog. They keep it chained all the time, bring it food/water occassionally, and give it absolutely ZERO attention. Can there be any worse fate for a dog? Tied down and denied attention. I think most dogs would rather die than face those situations.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #46
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Letter

UGH!!! Lactose free milk is sooo #@*%en gross man [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] ... anyone got a cure for lactose intolerancy?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:15 PM   #47
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
UGH!!! Lactose free milk is sooo #@*%en gross man [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] ... anyone got a cure for lactose intolerancy?
Beer.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I plan on asking them to keep their dogs in at night from now on or to BRING THEM IN when the bark. Problem is, they avoid me... LOL, I'm not one for mincing words with rude and thoughtless neighbors and this is the set who built their fence onto our property (using ours for the 'fourth side') and when asked to remove his post from our property, said "how'm I supposed to keep my dogs in?" When told he could do as he wished on HIS property but to remove the post from ours he yelled same line and told my housemate SHE could cut the board off, because he didn't own a saw.... Also same guy who's father got drunk at their morning wedding and backed into my mailbox and crushed my flowerbed. Same guy who tosses his dog's feces over into the yard behind his (a fairly unused lot owned by the town coroner) and same lot who won't let his guests inside the house when they have keg parties so they do it in their garage and driveway, making as much noise as any college frat party at 2am.

As I've not been 'miss happy neighbor' over those incidents, and actually had the "nerve" to tell the wife she couldn't plant spreading leafy things on MY side of the property line, they aren't inclined to stay still if I approach! HAHA! (Oh, she wanted to plant this stuff around their mailbox, which some idiot put right on our property line, so I declined to let them- don't want that stuff in my front lawn and it attracts slugs. She was miffed about wanting a 'pretty' mailbox like the rest of us have. I pointed out that nobody else in the entire neighborhood has their mailbox on the property line but rather on the OTHER side of their driveways. Her hubby is too lazy to get out of his truck for the mail so they leave it there - he can drive up, hang out, grab the mail and continue into their driveway.)

Ahhh, suburbia....gotta love it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Harley, I think they put the animals out in the middle of the night, but I'm not sure. Never timed it after I started when they were puppies and they WERE taking them in then.

[ 03-09-2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 03-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #49
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hm... your problem isn't the dog, it's your neighbour. So forget what i said about the dog and shoot him instead.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #50
MagiK

Cure for Lactose intolerance is a supplement you can take, ...don't remember the name, but it reintroduces the proper biotics into your digestive system, works pretty good too....or so Im told...Sweet Acidophalus comes to mind for some reason.......But anyway I know they have the stuff you want in most grocery stores in the USA.

MS. Cloudy, a PM has been sent your way!

[ 03-09-2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]