Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 08:45 PM   #41
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Just remember who owns the Sun Sword Vaskez. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2002, 08:49 PM   #42
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Now to the rest of you dissing the person(s) who emailed Vaskez. Shame on you! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] That's what PRIVATE mail and messages are for. That person obviously had some problem(s) and took them to the source instead of grinding an axe on the board in some potentially unpleasant flamebait/war. He/she made their opinions known to the person they were having trouble with. And it IS Vaskez's business with that person, not ours. (and no, for those of you who are already speculating.. it was not me! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Seeing as that I'm the only one in the entire thread who voiced criticism about that e-mail, that part is probably directed at me.
Oh well. I don't change my opinion about what I've said earlier in this thread, namely that I think it's simply against the rules of common decency to send out e-mails like that; even if those persons were trying to make a point by explaining why they don't like someone's attitude, it becomes completely void if you resort to name calling like using the word "loser", as is the case if I read Vaskez' initial post correctly.

It simply doesn't sound like that these persons were "just" trying to "voice their opinions", as you put it, but more an ordinary rant which, if posted on IW, would have been deleted right away and the author(s) would have been warned/suspended/banned.

I'm not really "dissing" them, more using this example as a generalization of my opinion on such a matter, in case you're wondering why all of the above wasn't restricted to PM/e-mail conversations... Not that calling names would hurt me in any way, but my respect for people resorting to sending abusive e-mails simply drops considerably; they should think before they act. Sorry.

Anyways, now I've clarified my opinions a bit, I will follow your suggestion and drop this matter; nothing to be gained here by continuing, only things to be lost, so it seems.

Edit: Saz, I completely agree with what you wrote in the bottom paragraph. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

Old 01-24-2002, 08:51 PM   #43
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

AH MAN, my J/K didn't show up, I spent like 3 minutes making it for you, It disapeared. Why? Oh well, and one more thing, I love sarcasm, It is what makes my school days shorter. (I can't explain how, it just works) I couldn't live in school without it. (by the way, in case your wondering, I visit this site alot during my study halls, and usually right when I get back from school) but about the person who emailed you, how can they email you if your email icon isn't there to give them your email. Do you know them from somewhere? Or are they just scamming you, or did you even get an email for real?
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-24-2002, 09:13 PM   #44
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
AH MAN, my J/K didn't show up, I spent like 3 minutes making it for you, It disapeared. Why? Oh well, and one more thing, I love sarcasm, It is what makes my school days shorter. (I can't explain how, it just works) I couldn't live in school without it. (by the way, in case your wondering, I visit this site alot during my study halls, and usually right when I get back from school) but about the person who emailed you, how can they email you if your email icon isn't there to give them your email. Do you know them from somewhere? Or are they just scamming you, or did you even get an email for real?

Black Dragon, if you want to do ASCII art, you'll need to put in a font tag that changes the font to Courier, like this:

< font face="Courier" > (leaving out the spaces).

Example:

XXX............XXX
.XXX..........XXX.
..XXX........XXX..
...XXX......XXX...
....XXX....XXX....
.....XXX..XXX.....
......XXXXXX......
.......XXXX.......
......XXXXXX......
.....XXX..XXX.....
....XXX....XXX....
...XXX......XXX...
..XXX........XXX..
.XXX..........XXX.
XXX............XXX

Testing to see if this works...
-Saz

P.S. Sure does, just forgot my last line. Fixed!

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-24-2002, 09:16 PM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Never had a prob with you Vaskez, and if I did, I'd put it down to Magyar - Australian cultural differences.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-24-2002, 09:19 PM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, one other thing, Black Dragon...on Vaskez's email, I assume that they found that through his home page link. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:

Seeing as that I'm the only one in the entire thread who voiced criticism about that e-mail, that part is probably directed at me.
Oh well. I don't change my opinion about what I've said earlier in this thread, namely that I think it's simply against the rules of common decency to send out e-mails like that; even if those persons were trying to make a point by explaining why they don't like someone's attitude, it becomes completely void if you resort to name calling like using the word "loser", as is the case if I read Vaskez' initial post correctly.

It simply doesn't sound like that these persons were "just" trying to "voice their opinions", as you put it, but more an ordinary rant which, if posted on IW, would have been deleted right away and the author(s) would have been warned/suspended/banned.

I'm not really "dissing" them, more using this example as a generalization of my opinion on such a matter, in case you're wondering why all of the above wasn't restricted to PM/e-mail conversations... Not that calling names would hurt me in any way, but my respect for people resorting to sending abusive e-mails simply drops considerably; they should think before they act. Sorry.

Anyways, now I've clarified my opinions a bit, I will follow your suggestion and drop this matter; nothing to be gained here by continuing, only things to be lost, so it seems.

Edit: Saz, I completely agree with what you wrote in the bottom paragraph. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

LOL no worries! You may very well be right! Obviously we don't know the content or tone of the messages Vaskez got. I was being rather 'general' there I admit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I know what Saz is referring to, so I will add that if it's excessive, by all means.. killfile!

Cloudy

PS, Vaskez... what I meant was that I don't think you would post emails, dear! [img]smile.gif[/img] And for the rest.. take it all tongue in cheek.. I like your stuff.. most of the time.. hehe! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 11:13 PM   #48
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well first thing you have to realize is people get offended extremely easy on these fourms.

But I guess you cant expect much less with a fourm with so many people on it.

Wait a minuite, that doesnt have any thing to do with the mater does it? Hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2002, 01:22 AM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
So, come on, out with it...am I really that bad? Here is your chance to tell me....I won't be offended in the slightest, although I will take it into account and maybe try and act differently. Then again you can just tell me to piss off and say this is a stupid thread to make...I don't mind either way

What have you done now Uncle Vask? You've been yourself? D'oh!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

FWIW, I think you're ok, but then again it takes a lot to personally offend me. You're not a malicious person AFAIK and I don't think you've ever purposefully flamed anyone.

Old 01-25-2002, 01:34 AM   #50
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

hmm, you push people's limits?