Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-07-2001, 11:59 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OH YAH! LOVE IT! Han Solo...well what can I say? Great role for Harrison Ford...mmmmmmmm... uh anything he does is ok with this CloudDrooler
And C3PO and Chewy still make me laugh! Got em on tape!

Never saw the most recent one, guess I ought to rent it soon. Saw the original while in High School 3 times at the Drive In , and uh, we actually WATCHED the movie...hehehe

JediCloud

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-07-2001, 11:59 PM   #12
Jimbo
The Magister

Hmm, saw the original Star Wars when it first came out, at a theater, then in the summer again at the drive-inn. Sheesh was that 78 or 79'? If so it was gradeschool, and I still have a bunch of my action figure's from Kenner! Whoot! I even had a few vehicles (Loved my x-wing!), and collected a few as I grew older, those and some GI Joes, Micronauts, and Shogun Warriors are up in the barn somewhere packed away.

The original was great! I also have liked all the other one's so far too. Get the box set of the directors cut, it has all the extra scenes and is cleaned up and re-digitized!

Chewy was my favorite character

least favorite was probably Bobba Fett

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 05-08-2001, 12:07 AM   #13
BladeMaster

Come on Bobba Fett was one of the best Villians as he is cunning, lethal and pure evil

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 12:12 AM   #14
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

yeah bobba fett is a true professional! anyways starwars is bloody good and im a big fan but thinking that they take too long between these new movies
Old 05-08-2001, 12:32 AM   #15
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

The Force is strong in this one, haven't seen ep.1 quit going to movies when the price for a movie got to be higher than two "Crown" on the rocks

------------------
Old 05-08-2001, 12:45 AM   #16
BladeMaster

The resoan they so long is they are doing alot of computer graphics

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 02:56 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Boo, did I scare you? hehe
No you don´t have to be afraid.
I´m not a crazed fan but I do enjoy Star Wars, I do hate Jar Jar more than I like anything in the movie..
Only good thing with Ep1 was the final battle with the Jedis..
Darth Maul looked ridiculus until he started to fight, you could tell that he had trained martial arts.. Hehe, and he really looked mean when fighting Qui ging jong fjong bongeloelong (Hehe, ok but it sounds to much like Qui gong that chinese thing..((never tried it, heard that it should be something like Tai Chi) hremm sorry...

I liked the Rouge Squadron books alot though..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 06:37 AM   #18
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I agree the only good thing in ep1 was the saber fights. The guy that played darth maul DOES train in martial arts and he kicks ass. He is always on shows giving weapon demonstrations and I think he was toad in x-men.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 06:38 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

I LOVE Star Wars! Absolute addict.
My mum was a bit worried about me and my bro seeing the film when we were kids (when it came out I was 7 and he was 4) because she didn't want us seeing war films, but eventually took us after lots of nagging - and she became more hooked than us (if that is possible).
Have seen Star Wars over 100 times.
Saw Jedi at the cinema 18 times in 2 weeks when it was first released (mum's idea).
Saw the 'triple bill' 3 times at the cinema - it's a long time to be sitting down.
Best : Empire
Worst: Phantom Menace - because of that bl**dy Jar Jar.

Episode 2 is now in post production and should be out next year.

The official site is at:

http://www.starwars.com/

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-08-2001, 10:28 AM   #20
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I agree the only good thing in ep1 was the saber fights. The guy that played darth maul DOES train in martial arts and he kicks ass. He is always on shows giving weapon demonstrations and I think he was toad in x-men.

Hahahaha. I saw the special on making Star Wars I. They super-imposed the actors faces onto stand-ins. I wonder how long it will be before they can make a whole movie without using any actors (not like Toy Story and the such, but like they did supposedly in the Running Man - when Arnold was killed in the game). Truly inspirational work. I guess George Lucas wasn't satisfied with the actors sabre abilities.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL