Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 02:01 AM   #1
Morrisky
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK so what if it's been 10 years since I played Wiardry#? on Sega Genesis-I'm thinking about getting back into the swing of things by purchasing this new game here. However, I have a question:

I can't get the DEMO to run any higher than 480x640x16 with a PIII and GeForce2 (fresh driver update). Yeah, I'm using Setup and really despise the autodetect. Any suggestions here? If I can't go to a higher res I'll have to knuckle under and wait for Warcraft III or HOMM IV. Appreciation in advance for any and all replies.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:10 AM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

With those requirements, the full version should run fine. If I can run it on my PII-933 laptop with Windows 2000, then I believe it can run on anything. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2001, 02:21 AM   #3
Morrisky
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You almost have me convinced, but I want to see the resolution increase within the demo unless there is some restriction. And, I wish my laptop was half as good as yours!!??!!
Old 12-09-2001, 02:33 AM   #4
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

For the sega it was "gates to another world" ( my second wizardry experance,after just plain wizardry on the nes).
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 02:33 AM   #5
Evotine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't beleive there is a restriction in the demo. If you run and have run games in a higher reso before then by all means the full version of the game will be fine with that setup. Most likely you will be able to run it in 1024 x 768 - 16 without a hitch. There should not be any need to convince you to get this game. If you like great, nearly bug free, awesome rpg gaming then it is an easy choice.
Evotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 03:35 AM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

well, you don't really give us too much to go by.

is 640x480x16 the ONLY option in the drop down?

are you using DX7, OpenGL or whatever the 3rd option was? (LOL! my memory is horrid)

i didn't have too much trouble bypassing the auto-detect's choices. once i made my choices, they stuck. maybe re-install it?

this game is remarkable! in my mind, it's the rpg i have been praying that someone, somewhere would make. (i never even heard of wizardry till about a month before the demo was released.) it would really be a shame if you passed it up because of a misunderstanding involving the demo.

V***V
Old 12-09-2001, 04:09 AM   #7
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

I only have the demo
I had no prob at all with the video setup. I have a pentium 4, 1400Mhz, GeForce2MX400 with latest drivers and a video set up 1024x768x32. I cannot remember exactly how I loaded the demo but as I am not very computer stats minded it must have been easy [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Im afraid I have no suggestions to help you Morrisky except to say that the demo at least can be run in a higher resolution than what you stated in your posting.

Countdown is still go Houston - 5 days
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 02:16 AM   #8
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Forget the demo and get the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Come on ya won't regret it! And if ya get it, there's plenty of people here to help ya configure it if there's a problem, and also on the wizardry 8 site they have a tech support forum there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2001, 02:56 AM   #9
Morrisky
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Attention-I broke down and purchased the game from dragon.ca. It should arrive in a few days which gives me time to finish Baldur's gate. Again, much appreciation to all who replied my message. I just don't like how the game sizes graphics. It's not obvious you've had a change at all.