Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-05-2000, 04:40 PM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

It might well have been the beloved beverage but last night while playing BGII I thought I saw on one of the quicksaves that BGII characters will be able to be ported into NWN? Can someone confirm this?

Egad, as if I needed even more encouragement to play the living shite out of BGII! The possibilities of my character in 3d makes me unreasonably weak at the knees.

... Quiet sounds of drooling ...
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2000, 03:15 AM   #2
Makoe

yeah you saw this.
Old 10-14-2000, 02:12 PM   #3
Rikardt

the same here
Old 10-15-2000, 03:44 PM   #4
Felon

I thought I noticed that too.
*Sigh* Only 3-5 months to wait. :/
Old 11-20-2000, 02:20 PM   #5
GIZMO

I saw this too, the big question is, when does it get released.
Old 11-29-2000, 09:51 AM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

By the looks of it thought - any BG II imported characters will be 'non-vault' characters and hence not rated by the official NWN system. I'm dissappointed by this but not entirely surprised - the conversion must have been real messy to ensure validity I guess. That's probably one of the major contributing factors to my decision not to play through BG II again, just not worth it for the future.
Old 11-30-2000, 11:01 AM   #7
Mortis Metacarpus

The idea is, it's not exactly true to A&D to have thousands of level 30 odd mages etc. running around. Normally even a twelfth level character is pretty impressive, and they can't have everyone that hard or they'll have to start substituting dragons for kobolds.
Old 11-30-2000, 04:41 PM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

... although that would be quite fun ...
Old 12-29-2000, 06:28 PM   #9
Dwarf

I disagree with Mortis Metacarpus.8th lvl characters are rare (at least the way we play,they normal get too hard about 6th/7th lvl and retire).We do retain some old highg level favourites but prefer the threat of actually being killed by the monsters.However since 3rd Ed was written for power gamers the monsters are now more dangerous.I'll still play NWN though even if the only humans with beards are wizards(I hope otherwise, how I detested BG,IWD and BGII suffering from an infestation of the crue cut clan).Real heroes are rock hard and look it!