Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2000, 12:51 AM   #1
Ziroc

I'm drawing up the dungeons now, if anyone else wants to help me, email me.. Undermountain is set in the Forgotten Realsm and is in Waterdeep, under the Yawning Portal Inn, and is HUGE.. anyone that goes in never comes out the legends say... It'll be a 40+ level module, and will require (roughly) 50 hours of gameplay!! I don't know if you can play these as Single player or not, I'm sure you can.. but if not, no biggie, we'll find a server to run it by 2001

I hope you can import 3D models and textures, I have about 3-4 gigs worth..

Ziroc
Old 06-24-2000, 02:08 AM   #2
Ziroc

If anyone wishes to join me in the creation of the Undermountain Module using the NWN engine, post ideas here..
I play on having 40+ levels of totally evil romping.. mazes, a lost city, a huge zork type cavern with sky as the ceiling, and waterfalls that run upwards!

I have a few dungeons laid out, and a few in my 3d program. Post your images here or send them to me, and I'll post them for you. Anyone thats into RPG's can join, you don't have to know AD&D to make one, I can help there..

Thoughts?

Dan
Old 07-02-2000, 12:43 AM   #3
Nick

I read this book called Escape from Undermountain its in the nobles series published by TSR. It had that place where the roof looks like the sky...did you read it too?Anyway I think the task of creating Undermountain is probably the hardest thing somebody by themself could possibly do.You should probably put out more addverisments on this issue and get a hole load of RPGers to help you out on this one.The first thing that comes to my mind about Undermountain is the traps.You should probably start thinking up some pretty original ones.Maybe some special teleportation traps that randomly send you somewhere else in the dungeon...actualy I quite like that one. Insofar as monsters...how about a couple of those elementals or some wights and of course a dungeon just isnt a dungeon without a Dragon...or two...or three or four or five!Another idea which just crossed my mind is something like a theme to a couple of the levels.Something like an Aztec level or something like that. Anyway I gotta go now but Ill think of some new stuff soon and Ill get back to you.
Old 07-13-2000, 03:23 PM   #4
Luxor
Welcomed New User

I am fairly new to AD&D, I have only read a few books that are recommended (reading the Dark Elf trilogy at the moment - superb - then on to Icedale). I would love to help you guys out in any but limited way I can. Sorry for my ignorance but is the Undermountain an actual D&D module and if it is how good is it.

Not too sure about having teleports (not too many anyway). I still have nightmares about the ones that were included in the Eye of the Beholder series. They can really kill a game off (for me anyway). But I do admit some devious traps are a must, however, who knows how flexible the toolkit will be? I think some teleports should end up in minature dungeon that includes an evil character (like a small sub-quest).

A couple of points though:

Will the single player or the party be already equipped to venture into the dungeon or will part of the scenario include part of Waterdeep so the adventures can do a bit of window shopping.

As Undermountain sounds like a huge project will players be able to log out and log in at a later date (especially single players) or do you have a time scale of how long the whole dungeon jaunt would take.

Hope these are not silly questions?
Luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2000, 03:24 PM   #5
Luxor
Welcomed New User

I am fairly new to AD&D, I have only read a few books that are recommended (reading the Dark Elf trilogy at the moment - superb - then on to Icedale). I would love to help you guys out in any but limited way I can. Sorry for my ignorance but is the Undermountain an actual D&D module and if it is how good is it.

Not too sure about having teleports (not too many anyway). I still have nightmares about the ones that were included in the Eye of the Beholder series. They can really kill a game off (for me anyway). But I do admit some devious traps are a must, however, who knows how flexible the toolkit will be? I think some teleports should end up in minature dungeon that includes an evil character (like a small sub-quest).

A couple of points though:

Will the single player or the party be already equipped to venture into the dungeon or will part of the scenario include part of Waterdeep so the adventures can do a bit of window shopping.

As Undermountain sounds like a huge project will players be able to log out and log in at a later date (especially single players) or do you have a time scale of how long the whole dungeon jaunt would take.

Hope these are not silly questions?
Luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2000, 03:36 PM   #6
kazzar

Hiya!! Im pretty good at fleshing out NPC's, dialog and other junk like that. If you need any help along those lines let me know. Im not a programmer or graphic artist but I can definately write up some background story and personalities. Just let me know if you need any help in that area! Cya!
Old 10-18-2000, 05:20 AM   #7
Bigtoe Tumble

well, hi there. I am interested in joining with the creation of undermountain. I don't know the module itself. I played ad&d as a player and as a dm for over 15 years and it is really fun.

I enjoy the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate games and I am really looking forward to NWN. I created a module for the Revenant game and I think creating modules for NWN will be much more fun. I dedicated a website to play ad&d online...and maybe I will make a module of the world of Endoss, but that will take probably very much time...as this project will do.

What I really don't understand is : is it possible to create doors in a module that links to another module. So, is it possible to join modules made by several people, without making a teleport portal...I cannot find any info about that subject.
Old 11-16-2000, 07:50 PM   #8
One-Eyed Jack

I would love to help you work on the dungeons and the town, but one thing holds me back. I have no graphics experience, although I am open to training and suggestions. If you are willing to help me get started with all the programs I need, I will offer all the help that I can. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2000, 06:20 PM   #9
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

make a trap in which you are turned into a pig. Also one in which all of your allignments a changed. Good to bad and vice versa.
Jon Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 12:12 AM   #10
Kaël

Ofcourse i'm interrested in help in such a great project but theres one very big downside
I can do shit with grafic design and stuff
BUT i do know how to make a nice map or items and stuff
Might come in handy just email me and i'll be your humble servant

Live's great right
I'm having a happy mood
hahahhaha
sorry
i'm a but hyperactive