Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-12-2001, 03:56 PM   #21
Istaron
Banned User

I eat at Max, the only hamburger-company with swedish meat!
Old 12-12-2001, 08:11 PM   #22
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I used to work at a mcdonalds and it had a really large problem with roaches, and the problem was that they were all over the place. so if anyone is ever in eastlake on vine st. dont eat at the mcdonalds no matter how many double cheeseburgers they are going to give you for $0.99
Old 12-12-2001, 08:21 PM   #23
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

funny i still remember these stats from when i worked there in high school but i WAS a manager. the patty's used in the big mac are 23% fat and out of a quarter pound patty that they use its at 25% fat so basically everytime you eat a quarterpounder you consume 1 ounce of pure fat. (must be why they taste so good) YUM YUM YUM just something to think about!!!
Old 12-12-2001, 08:41 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I pretty much HATE McDonalds. Yeah, their fries are OK, but ever eat a burger without biting on one of those "hard things"? BOOALLLKKK! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-13-2001, 05:09 AM   #25
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Does any1 here eat at McDonalds? I haven't touched it for 4 months now coz i got really sick after eating it. What do they put in their food...posion, rat droppings! Ahhh..u know those little cards which tell u how much fat and calories are in the food at McDonalds..u should look in it! As soon as i did i was [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] just 1 (one) "Bigmac" is equal to all the fat you should eat in 1 day. So if u eat 1 bigmac u can't eat anything else [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm sorry if you're eating now...hope i didn't put u off your food

HA! Glad I'm not alone! It seems that every time I go there, after about an hour, I'm in the bathroom.. I coined the term 'Colon Cleaners' aka McDonalds.. heheh.. If yer constipated, go get a Bigmac.. Now ya know why they call it the "Big Mac Attack" !!!!

... I know, TMI, TMI!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-13-2001, 05:16 AM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh yeah-- I DO like their fries.. BUT, anyone here ever eat a "Chicken" Mcnugget? Last time I had one was like 1986 or something, I tasted one a few weeks ago, and nearly puked! THAT IS NOT real! It doesn't even TASTE real! ugh! No wonder they have all those sauces for it--to cover up the taste.. belch!

Old 12-13-2001, 05:35 AM   #27
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Dreamer - check out www.nosweat.org.uk. It is an organisation trying to overcome poverty pay and union busting. Don't know if they have a Netherlands branch but they might do.

Heres another great one for Maccy D's. Someone mentioned that you cannot have their milkshakes if you are vegetarian? Well avoid anything cooked either (including the vegetarian burgers). It is all fried in animal fat anyway apparently. I am not a vegetarian but I still think that that is a little dodgy.

Also, the reason they cut down the rainforest is that it provides cheap grazing land for cattle. The major problem with this is that without the trees the soil only stays fertile for a year at most. So once they have moved on there is pretty much nothing you can do with the land. The reason is that it is usually large amounts of detritus that make the rainforest so fertile, but it is held together by tree roots. So once it has been cleared for grazing the fertile elements of the soil will erode very quickly.

Generally the industrial scale breeding of cattle causes all sorts of problems. Did you know that they contribute to 1/4 of all methane emissions? So they contribute to global warming as well (it sounds funny but it is also true).
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-13-2001, 06:27 AM   #28
GokuZool
Lord Ao

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Oh yeah-- I DO like their fries.. BUT, anyone here ever eat a "Chicken" Mcnugget? Last time I had one was like 1986 or something, I tasted one a few weeks ago, and nearly puked! THAT IS NOT real! It doesn't even TASTE real! ugh! No wonder they have all those sauces for it--to cover up the taste.. belch!

**True Fact**

A chicken nugget consists of the following;

-98% of batter..those weird "hard bits" (as LadyZekke mentioned which are in everything at McDonalds [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) bits and pieces, dirt, cockroach droppings etc.

-1% is assorted animal parts including faecies

-1% UNKNOWN stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think going to a **proper** restaurant is the way to go..none of that fast food rubbish [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2001, 06:34 AM   #29
The Drunken Monkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I only eat dried bread and water

and Burger Kings - just love that flame grilled taste
Old 12-13-2001, 07:07 AM   #30
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:

**True Fact**

A chicken nugget consists of the following;

-98% of batter..those weird "hard bits" (as LadyZekke mentioned which are in everything at McDonalds [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) bits and pieces, dirt, cockroach droppings etc.

-1% is assorted animal parts including faecies

-1% UNKNOWN stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think going to a **proper** restaurant is the way to go..none of that fast food rubbish [img]smile.gif[/img]

No doubt! , Yeah, I usually stay away from fast food places.. It's just crap mostly.. I do like Arbys sometimes, and KFC, Long John Silvers but rarely go..

It's scary to see all these fastfood places PACKED all day. (Inside and in the Drive-thru) and many of these people eat at these places every DAY! Ugh.. No wonder America is getting 'wider' around the waist! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] j/k..