Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2001, 04:33 AM   #1
peipei_lin
The Magister

My party consists of:
1. Me~Kensai/Mage
2. Keldorn
3. Anomen
4. Aerie
5. Imoen
6. Minsc

So I couldn't use some kind of berserk (except Minsc) or barbarian stuff against Kangaxx. And everytime, in the pastm when I face Kangaxx, I had to waste so many charges and spells to act as cannon fodder while I, heart-pounding, whacks the demi-lich with Carsomyr.

Now, I solved this inconvenience, by the help of some goodie gold coins. I went Ilmater, Lathander, and Helm's temple and bought from there 2 protection from undead scrolls each. Totalling 6 of-course. So, after I defeated the "lich" form, and after the dialogue from the demi-lich, I triggered the scroll, and walla, the demi-lich just float in mid-air and do something except feeling the wrath of my Kensai/Mage with Crom Faeyr on main hand. Super LOL...

**If anyone got a better way for "my party" to defeat demi-lich without costing about 5000 dollars, plz tell me, thnx a lot!
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 11-19-2001, 07:41 AM   #2
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL. Boo likes it!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-19-2001, 07:46 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Yep, it definitely takes the challenge out of the encounter... Those protection from Undead scrolls are a little too powerful IMO, as if a century old demi-lich would be so vulnerable to a more or less standard spell... Not sure what the official rulebook has to say about this, but I would say those scrolls are highly overpowered, much too powerful in this game.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:26 AM   #4
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

a cheaper way?
when his lich form dies and before he transforms into a demi-lich move everyone out of his line-of-sight. now get a mage to cast Spell Imunity: Abjuration. walk in demi's line of sight with that mage and from then on he'll focus all his Imprisonments on that mage... now just feel free to run in with your fighters and whack him. just be careful the Spell Imunity doesn't run out before he's dead, in that case just recast it.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:30 PM   #5
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

i've got a cheaper way with NO cheese!!!

take a Beserker/mage... use rage = immunity to imprisonment
after half a minute cast spell immunity:abjuration=immunity to imprisonment...
Keep hitting... cast rage after a minute again and keep hitting...
repeat as desired

Using this tactic i took on Kangaxx solo!!!
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)