Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 01:22 PM   #41
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I didn't actually mind the Chicken Nuggets... that much. However, the last time I ate at McDonalds - quick breakfast at the airport - I felt like I was going to puke! That stuff is disgusting!
I recently read a text taken from a book which will make you turn vegetarian. It's about chickens and the way they are slaughtered... I am NEVER going to eat normal - maybe bio - meat again. Just as an example:
Warning icky stuff coming up
-
-
-
-
-
-
Most animals are slaughtered by letting them bleed out while they're still alive. Nobody wants to eat the blood, and it is much easier to pump it out while the heart is still working. The animals are stuck into a tub of water which has a current passing through it to stun them. However, with especially big or small animals it doesn't work, with many of the others not long enough.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:57 PM   #42
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

If everyone hates McDonalds so much why are they the biggest and the best fast food chain in the business?(from a sales perspective anyways) In Fast food they are the standard other companies try to be like. Pretty sad isnt it. They almost double the amount of money that burger king makes every year, and thats their closest competitor. So even though they serve low grade dog food they must be doing something right!
Old 12-14-2001, 08:37 PM   #43
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Subway kicks McDonalds anyday...all the stuff at Subway is heaps nice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 10:47 PM   #44
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Go Capitalism, Mickey D's may be evil incarnate, but look at Microsoft, are they any less evil? Ok, so maybe they are, besides I kind of have a soft spot for Bill Gates, but I haven't eaten at a Mc D's in over a year, it helps that military bases have Burger Kings

Anyway, I'm sorry to go off topic, but I devoted 5 years of my life (if I don't reenlist) to defend and support the American way of life, "to defend the US Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic," yes that means I like capitalism, and refuse to sit idly by while anyone's bad mouthing it. (And yes I also agree it's your right to say if you don't like capitalism).
Old 12-15-2001, 12:50 PM   #45
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Does any1 here eat at McDonalds? I haven't touched it for 4 months now coz i got really sick after eating it. What do they put in their food...posion, rat droppings! Ahhh..u know those little cards which tell u how much fat and calories are in the food at McDonalds..u should look in it! As soon as i did i was [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] just 1 (one) "Bigmac" is equal to all the fat you should eat in 1 day. So if u eat 1 bigmac u can't eat anything else [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm sorry if you're eating now...hope i didn't put u off your food

I haven't eaten a McDonald's burger since 1974 when I was old enough to tell my mom "I'm not going to eat that!" and get away with it.
(She still made us eat Spam and Hamburger Helper for another three years LOL!)

No offense, you'll never put me off my food heh heh heh.
McDonald's isn't real food anyway...I don't get how they have such world-wide popularity when what they call food is just grossness in a wax-paper wrapper.