Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #31
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
They're splitting up.
Damn, that's rough, with you at the age you are. Well, Kat, what can I say? You have my deepest sympathy, and I'll say some prayers for you and your parents.[/QUOTE]Thanks, attalus [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's depressing, to tell the truth-I'd stay with my mum, and she's just gone back to University, so she's trying to work her life out...but if it was just her, she'd have to work meaning she'd have to drop uni, and all she can work as is a landscape gardener-my dad's the one with the degree.

Robert, tough luck, you should have got a different e-mail address.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:16 PM   #32
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
They're splitting up.
No words of advice
No thoughts on what you can do
But I can cross my fingers and wish you and your parents a happier tomorrow

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-04-2003, 02:17 PM   #33
Melusine
Dracolisk

Sorry to hear that Kaltia. My parents split up when I was a few years younger than you are. Of course I know nothing about the situation, but after initial grief, I actually felt better when they were divorced. I wish you lots of luck and strength, and your parents too!
Old 02-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #34
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My folks split up when I was in college, not the best things for my grades. But, I got over it. It's not the end of the world, though it seems like it at the time. Like Mel says, sometimes the relief from the fighting can be a real blessing.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:49 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry to hear that Kaltia, but sometimes things just can't be worked out. My own parents didn't split til I was out on my own for a decade or so, but it was still rough. I hope things work out as easily as possible.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #36
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Just come back from dinner; it's definate. Yay. I think I'm going to go cry in the bath, see you guys later.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:57 PM   #37
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

You have my deepest sympathy, Kaltia
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #38
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry to hear about that, Kaltia. Deepest sympthies
Old 02-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #39
Sigmar
Unicorn

Sorry to hear about the horrible news Kaltia.

My parents split when I was 5 so I've never really known what a "normal" household is like, its just been me, my brothers and my mom. It's a differant ordeal compared to what you are going through but my older brother was about 13 when it happened and the other 15.

I asked them once how they coped with it, they explained to me that at first they were obviously very upset but in time they grew to accept that our parents were two differant individuals with differant desires, that could lived their own lives and ultimately make their own choices. It was a mutual decision made by them in order to avoid further conflict (I won't go into why the divorce took place).

The advice they gave me to cope with the problem was to share my problems with your close friends and family, thats what I've done ever since and I've found really does help to share your problems others can support you. Hope that proves to be of some assistance.

I sincerely wish you strength during this period of time, and remember its like Melusine and the others said, divorce can turn out for the better in some cases. I wish luck to you and your parents.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:58 PM   #40
SomeGuy
Unicorn

She said no. Exact qoute from girl i wanted to go out with.(Paige)
I just want to be Friends. I don't want to mess up our friendship. When you go out w/ someone it messes things up and you r to go of a friend to do that.I will still be one of your bestfriend in the world and stilll be there when youneed me . I really enjoy talking to you !ButI just like U as a friend OK . I really really don't want you to be mad at me .But I really was thinking about it . You are the best and when I said that on my profile .I ment it !Maybe later in time I will think for 4 days again.
I've promised myself I will not worry myself over this,and it's a promise I'm keeping.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi