Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2002, 08:55 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

I've almost had enough now. General Discussions is full of absolute crap. Spamming for all they are worth, people spamming for ranks and boasting about it. Good threads dropping off of the first page in hours. Some people seem to feel they have to post on every thread, to have an opinion on every subject, and even if they don't have an opinion it's still necessary to post something anyway.

There are a number of threads which are just spam (in my opinion). These include (on the first two pages alone):

The Charge of Chaos 2
Tired of getting tortured by Kaltia,Join the silent assassins !!
The Hug Kaltia Thread!
Trying to get something straight
The Charge of Chaos
Member Auction 2
Poke 4...Where will the madness END!!!
The Peasant Rebellion
Member Auction 2 (I kid you not! Counting isn't their strong point.)

If you agree with me please post here. If we don't speak up GD will continue to be full of rubbish And if you do agree then for Bergkamp's sake think of something original and post it!!

I would like to suggest that a seperate forum be created just for the younger members of IronWorks where they can chat to each other in order to improve their ranks. It is obviously very important to some of them.

Otherwise I would be more than happy if they kept their spam posts in Coudy's Cafe.

Of course I may be wrong. If you think GD should be kept as a chat room please let me know here.

BTW - I blame NWN for the drop in standards here.

One other thing. Where the hell is Scronan - and why did he leave?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-24-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I feel the same exact way, glad you posted something Donut.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-24-2002, 09:04 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Donut, my friend, I couldn't agree with you more. Well, Z told us that we were gonna get slammed when NWN came out, and once again the all -knowing one is right. I don't mind so much in the Cafe, but you are right, spamming for rank should not be tolerated. There has also been a rash of one- or two-word and smiley posts, which we have been informed that Z think are real, pure spam. As to the question of whether the younger IW'ers should have their own forum, heck, I'd be for it, but it's akk up to Ziroc (and Choc, I assume.)
Old 08-24-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
Mojo
Elminster

I agree, and since I don't want to post just those two words, I'll talk about...ummm...Antidisestablishmentarianism? Anyone?
Old 08-24-2002, 09:06 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

I'm with you Donut. All the way to the end. Its time we take charge. Have the Moderators noticed this. Maybe we should form the IW GD Militia. When the Moderators don't take action WE do!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:10 PM   #6
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Ok Donut i respect your concern but i must tell you this, all those posts have finally contributed in i being introduced to online roleplaying, so soon i an Sir M will be taking our little fight to the online gaming forums, plus i didnt know that it was taken so badly!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:10 PM   #7
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Maybe we should form the IW GD Militia. When the Moderators don't take action WE do!!!!!!!!!
That would be nice, but we wouldn't have the powers to do things such as the mods...We could flame them till they leave in embarassment? But then we'd get banned by the mods...it's the good old "catch 22" again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #8
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Maybe we should form the IW GD Militia. When the Moderators don't take action WE do!!!!!!!!!
Nah that would probabley turn into spam as well,evenchally.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*shrugs*

Remove ranks altogether, I say.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:15 PM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Sheesh my good man, and you accused me of opening a can of worms when I requested imfo on prerequisites for MI6 as a means of working for the Crown in order to facilitate potential British citizenship for those who might be interested! Heh heh. .
In some respects I really do have to agree. A certain amount of gratuitous [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] has always been allowed and understandably so. But it does seem that as of late, [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] has gotten out of control. Actually, if I recall correctly, the "Role Playing" forum was specifically set up for these threads that are now in GD as a means of keeping GD clear. I can understand if many people aren't aware of this fact. Perhaps a mod should take a look and make a call, and we will accept whatever determination they make.

[ 08-24-2002, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]