Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If you just want to mess with stats, you don't need LETO, only the cheat console.

Hit the tilde key. A right-angle bracket should appear in the upper left corner.

Type: DebugMode 1

Just like that. The console is case-sensitive so type carefully. Be sure to hit return after each command as well.

Hit tilde again (you have to do that for each command)

Type: SetINT #

Where INT is the value you want, then click on your guy. The other stats are STR, CON, WIS, CHA, DEX.

Keep in mind that a stat which receives a penalty or bonus will have that penalty or bonus applied to the number you type in. For instance, H-O's get +2 strength. So, if you want him to have a strength of 12, type: SetSTR 10.

They also get a -2 on INT. If you want him to have an intelligence of 12, you would type: SetINT 14.

To turn off the console: DebugMode 0

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:59 PM   #12
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Nightowl, you're talkin' alien to me. Cheat console; Hit the tilde key what's all that mean?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:16 PM   #13
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Alien? C'mon Variol, you must know what a cheat console is! So many games have them now, how could you not know?

The tilde is the squiggly mark left of the "1" on the upper row of the keyboard. Just hit that key (you don't need the shift).

Nightowl2
Old 12-31-2005, 03:14 AM   #14
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

It looks like this ~
Old 12-31-2005, 05:47 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I did get it dl'd, and installed. Still haven't been able to go through it. It's not the easiest looking editor I've ever used, ( that would be the keeper series), but it doesn't look that hard to use. The instructions come up with the editor, and it looks like you can edit a lot of things with it, aside from just the char.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:24 AM   #16
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
I did get it dl'd, and installed. Still haven't been able to go through it. It's not the easiest looking editor I've ever used, ( that would be the keeper series), but it doesn't look that hard to use. The instructions come up with the editor, and it looks like you can edit a lot of things with it, aside from just the char.
Excuse my ignorance everybody, but my games are quite old. That's because there havn't been any games in some time that really interest me. I've been playing Heroes3! I really like turn-based strategy and RPG's and they're impossible to find these days. It's all real-time now. I don't know why they all arn't turn-based with on option to leave it off. That way you please everybody.

As far as leto, I get so far with it and then instructions don't match what's on my screen. If you would try it I'd appreciate it. In step 7 it says In the save as type drop down box, select "into list from file" I don't have that option so that's where I'm stuck.

I know what you mean by the ~ key now. I hit it all the time by accident but I didn't know what it did. ..thought it was just for semding messages for multi-player games.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:54 AM   #17
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, I miss turn-based RPG's myself. In fact, what I miss most is turn-based with a party of your own creation, as in Wizardry 8.

Anyway, it's the Enter key that's used to send messages in NWN. Hitting that activates the tiny but wide box below the game window, and in there you would type what you want to say to others in the game.

It is also an alternate way of activating the cheat console, but the tilde is faster.

NIghtowl2
Old 12-31-2005, 08:57 AM   #18
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Nah, in MP, you just hit enter, and type. If you are in talk mode, any one on the screen can hear you. I live MP, can't wrap my head around Single Player any more.
As for the Leto, I'll take some time today to check it out, and I'll let ya' know what I learn. It's quite useless for me, as I play on two servers, and both are server vaults, so I can't edit those chars anyway, but maybe for NPC creation, it will be a help. I'll let you know what I learn.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote